Who here is HAPPY with their new iPhone 5?

Are you happy with your iPhone 5?

• Total voters

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Raise your hand.

Me. :D

I love the light and slim feel of it, and I particularly love the much improved new screen. LTE might be faster than WiFi, and the new EarPods offer much better sound than the old crappy headphones.

Next. :)

FamousLastX

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Only had mine for around 5 hours or so, but no complaints yet if that counts for anything. Phone is super fast, had none of the issues that others have unfortunately experienced out of the box, and the battery already beats my Galaxy Nexus without even having fully charged the iPhone. Said that it only took 5 hours to discover that. Definitely happy with my purchase, and glad to be back to iOS!

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
yep, i love my iphone 5.

Had it delivered on release day, scuff-and-generally problem free.

Love the lightweight frame, and the screen is good but about to get a whole lot better when more apps start to support it.

Overall, can't fault it. Now, for my knomo leather case to come then i'll be extra happy :D

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Loving mine so far. No scractches, scuffs, light bleed, loose screen, heat, or battery issues...

I'm sure it's psychological, but screen feels so much bigger, even though it's just a tad taller.

The phone is crazy fast, feels great in the hand, and is beautiful.

So far battery seems to be noticeably better than my 4S.

Still need to try a few things, like call quality, speaker phone, etc.

Also wish they would have made some sort of software changes that take advantage of the extra screen real estate like some simple sleek widgets.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I absolutely love it. An enormous upgrade from the 4S.

It is unbelievably fast. The battery is better. The screen looks better. It's sooo much lighter, but still feels solid. The camera is awesome in low light. The speaker is improved. The Lightning connector is so much better than the 30 pin.

I don't care for the earpods, but that's not why I bought the phone anyway. :)

JGW310

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
I am very happy with mine!!!! There is a scratch on my screen that came on it OOB but it's not noticeable 99% of the time so whatever......

And no LTE in St. Louis on Sprint :( but I still LOVE MY iPHONE 5!!!!!

FamousLastX

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I don't care for the earpods, but that's not why I bought the phone anyway. :)
Earpods are one of my favorite parts. Very good headphones for a pair that's included with a phone. Much more comfortable than they look and sound is definitely improved over the older earbuds.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Raises hand.

Had mine since first thing Friday, absolutely satisfied with my white iPhone 5.

Just feels so classy in the hand, made my iP4 seem just so inadequate ;).

MarcBook

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
United Kingdom
The iPhone 5 literally has every improvement I wanted over the iPhone 4 I upgraded from. I'm beyond happy!

The 4" display, which I initially didn't expect to make much difference, has made iOS feel far less cramped. Now I feel that the iPhone should've always had a 16:9 display.

I could go on about every huge improvement for me, but we all know what they are.

I love it!

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Earpods are one of my favorite parts. Very good headphones for a pair that's included with a phone. Much more comfortable than they look and sound is definitely improved over the older earbuds.
I think I've just been spoiled by my Beats buds. The used the earpods on my ride into work yesterday and they fell out of my ear as soon as I put my helmet on... just like the old ones.

A lot of people like them though and the buyer of my 4S might end up with a nice surprise. :)

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I love my iPhone! But I cannot wait for a jailbreak!
Same here. Miss my Lockinfo!

Sitting here in the sun using my earpods for the first time and browsing the forums I've found myself just admiring the phone instead of reading. It truly is an attractive device.

Call quality has dramatically improved, the earpiece and main speaker are MUCH louder than those on my 4 and the 3G and Wifi are lightning quick (no LTE in the grand ol' capital of Wisconsin for some odd reason).

I voted **** yes.

boca76

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Love it.
It's super fast. It feels great in the hand.
The sound during a call has improved a lot.