Who here is tempted to try the Galaxy S3 while waiting for the new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificBeach, Jun 5, 2012.

1. PacificBeach macrumors regular

Who here is tempted to try the Galaxy S3 while waiting for the new iphone?

What does the Galaxy S3 have so many folks upset and butt hurt?

2. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I'm def getting it when it comes stateside!!! But I'm selling my galaxy note to offset the subsidy. I use both iPhone 4S and the Note!...best of both worlds!!

3. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I think I will too IF I don't find the handset too large for me. I don't have an issue using a phone with both hands (a lot of people have mentioned that they won't because they use their phones one handed). I don't care if I need to use two but I DO have to be able to use a majority of features one handed. I have rather small hands.

----------

Even if it sounds sexist I would definitely jump on it if it meets expectations and they released a girlie version with 4.5" screen hahah!

4. matttye, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

matttye macrumors 601

I have it :D smoothest device I've used by a long shot...including the iPad.

5. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

I've always been open minded about what phone I use, be it Apple or another manufacturer.

Yesterday, I passed a phone shop so I went inside for a browse and saw the Galaxy S3. I had a go on one to see how it compared with the iPhone 4 as i've been due for an upgrade since february but have been waiting to see what the next iPhone will bring to the table.

There were three main things i noticed about the Galaxy S3. The first was the screen. I really liked how the screen was much larger than the iPhone, without the device feeling huge in comparison. There were two issues though. First off google android. I've used it so many times with an open mind, but between it and iOS, there is no comparison. iOS is much better in my opinion. It is much more fluid and better designed. The other issue is the build quality. It felt like the device was made out of some sort of cheap plastic and it just felt like a toy compared to my iPhone 4.

Needless to say, I walked out of the shop with my iPhone 4 still firmly in hand.

6. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i had the Nexus from VZ then switch to the razr maxx now i am back with iPhone After all that i figured out i like simplicity and quality over bugs. The nexus built by samsung with ics had a good ui but the build quality was junk. the samsung s3 will be a different version of the nexus in my mind. so my point is the quality of the iPhone is best. Please don't get me wrong i am a droid lover but to many issues. apple keeps it simple stupid and great quality.

7. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Which of those do you like better? I also have the Note and love it, but the portability of it is starting to irritate me. Can't really use it comfortable with 1 hand, and although it technically does fit in my pockets, it does not do so comfortably. After 3 months....I get the feeling I may be "Ebaying" the Note and will stick with iPhone, at least until i see the new model.

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I agree with you on portability and it's why I will be getting the S3. If I had to keep one I would choose the iPhone because I have a Mbp.

9. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

I am definitely considering it, either the s3 or htc one x, just for a change until the next iPhone drops.

10. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I'm very excited to demo the SIII. I've already listed the reasons in another thread as to why I think it's superior to the One X. My enthusiasm is also partially fueled by the fact that I am tired of my iPhone and question whether I want to wait until this fall to upgrade. However I'm not sure if I'll be able to use the SIII with one hand comfortably. I'll know in a matter of weeks.

I do think that the SIII has the potential to be huge in America.

11. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Would have been nice to have black available as an option. I don't like the white & not decided on the pebble blue!

12. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Unless it's better than the Nexus, no. I used the Nexus for a bit [Company purchased for testing], and wasn't impressed at all. Build was meh, ICS is nice, but the overall experience just doesn't feel polished or finished to me...

I'll wait to see what the next iPhone brings.

13. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I picked up a galaxy nexus since I got an iphone 4 through work. I also wanted to take advantage of the double data deal verizon had going. I had the phone for a few months now and I still perfer ios and generally reach for my iphone first. iOS, imo, intergrates better as an OS for day to day uses. I also like the notification system on the locked screen much better.

I'm at the point where I am looking for a used iphone 4s and looking to dump the nexus. I figure with new shared plans coming soon, I should be ok for the next iphone.

14. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Honestly I'd try a Windows Phone before I tried an Android. I'm not saying that with contempt, I honestly think that WP looks pretty snazzy.

I am by no means ready to drop my Apple ecosystem, but if I was an unbiased, new smartphone purchaser, who didn't own a Mac (which is a HUGE percentage of the new smartphone market) I would look very strongly at WP. Very sharp.

15. matttye macrumors 601

I've looked into it and the ui just looks...strange to me, no other way of putting it.

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

After 3 Samsung phones. I know better.

Junk radios and reception are reason enough.

17. Espionage32 macrumors regular

I have the GS2 I9100. Love it. So I will def upgrade to S3 when its comes out.

Can't Wait.:p

18. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

No, not tempted at all by the S3 because I simply don't like how it looks, main issue being the rounded top and bottom. I'd buy an HTC one X before the S3 without doubt.

19. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Not to point fingers, but people are all rapped up in a seamless phone experience these days. Might I remind everyone that just shy of six years ago you didn't even have phones that could do what they do today. With that said I'll personally be skipping the GSIII in favor of checking out the HTC Titan II. My contract is nearing the two year mark and Windows Phone 7.5 is really catching my attention. The only draw back is the low pixel density on such a massive screen.

20. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I just went and put down a deposit on a pre order 32 gig blue one at Best Buy... I cant wait.

21. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

I want to try it as well but I'm willing to guess the people above who are going to try the G3 also have a gmail address that they use for there main address right?

The reason I ask is I use a number of Apple products and syncing is a pain when going outside of the ecosystem. The easy way around it I guess is to use gmail for my contacts and calendars instead of iCloud. But I'm pretty much hooked to iCloud, it's simple and easy. If there was an easier way I woud deffinetely pick up the G3 as my second device.

22. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

i'm tempted, but i'm only tempted to see it, but not to buy it. :)

23. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'm more than happy with my GSM Galaxy Nexus at the moment. I'll be waiting to see what Apple brings to the table this Fall, and then what the next Nexus (or Nexuses) will be later in the year before I decide.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If I had money to burn, I would have all phones.

25. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Thats funny, because I am temped to buy it, but dont really want to see it:cool:

JK.