Do you not have/want any app from the App Store?

• I certainly don't have/want to have App Store apps on my phone.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I did have a few apps once, now I deleted them and haven't downloaded any since then.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Are you kidding me? Would YOU want to go without any delicious toppings on your pizza?

Votes: 70 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moonman239

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I'm talking about those who don't want to have a single App Store app on their iPhone.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Am I missing something? How is this spam or troll like? From what I see its just a question. Does anyone NOT have any apps installed? Odd maybe, but just a question.

Last edited:

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Am I missing something? How is this spam or troll like? From what I see its just a question. Does anyone NOT have any apps installed. Odd maybe, but just a question.

Yeah, I dont see how this question is spam either. One of my friends does this as well.

mobilebuddha

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
i know someone who hid the appstore because she's afraid she'll accidently get charged. no apps at all. of course.. she's using the iphone like she's using her old motorola razr.....

actually, i know quite a few people who uses their iphones like a feature phone. no apps, no folders. :eek:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
One of my aunt uses her iphone without any apps; only make calls, take pics, and web browse. Has been doing this for 2 years.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
What is the point to have iphone without any apps :confused:

Some people just don't need them. My mom's only downloaded app is Facebook. All she ever does besides FB, is calls/texts, and emails. And on rare occasions, Safari. There are many people who use their phone in similar fashion.

x5tuu

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2012
My other half has had every model of iPhone from release and still has them all in pretty much mint condition and all have never had any app installed on them.

She uses her iPhones (currently a 32gb i5) for calls, texts, email, pictures and listening to music and that's it, it's a device to help her live her life simpler, not take up extra time occupying her on other things.

My 4s only has 3 apps on it, Nav Free, Barclays and MyFitnessPal, as I have much the same perspective

Reactions: Kingofclouds

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
My other half has had every model of iPhone from release and still has them all in pretty much mint condition and all have never had any app installed on them.

She uses her iPhones (currently a 32gb i5) for calls, texts, email, pictures and listening to music and that's it, it's a device to help her live her life simpler, not take up extra time occupying her on other things.

My 4s only has 3 apps on it, Nav Free, Barclays and MyFitnessPal, as I have much the same perspective

haha. we should totally swap phones for a day, only condition being not able to add/remove apps. i'm sure it'd drive us both crazy! :D

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
One of my aunt uses her iphone without any apps; only make calls, take pics, and web browse. Has been doing this for 2 years.

maybe enlighten her as to the greatness of some apps?

i bet some people are clueless and dont think they really need things since the phone does what its meant for.

I just think some people don't understand what they can have if they never tried things before.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I've got hundreds of free and paid apps--about a third of which are actually on my iPhone at any one time. I kinda went crazy when I got my first iPhone years ago.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I think it's kind of an interesting question, that also made me think about the OOTB apps (some are kind of app/hardware) on an iPhone:

Browser, Email, Messaging, Music, Video, Photos, Camera, Contacts, Reminders, Calc, Weather, Stocks, Notes, Calendar, Voice Recorder, Notes, Compass, Maps ...

It really does a ton of stuff with only OEM apps (especially when you factor in a really solid browser like Safari). I think it would be a fun 30 day challenge to use your iPhone, stock apps only :D

Many of my apps are alternate UIs for existing web based content like IMDB, Facebook, Twitter, DropBox, Amazon, Wikipedia ... so those could all still be used, though with a less optimal front end. Some services would be stinkers like Podcasts (having to stream through a web front end vs. downloading/sync'ing content), but still doable.

I guess a couple of major things I'd miss would be books (since all eReaders are a need-to-be-installed app) and though it's more for my iPad, a good text editor.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I personally don't do this, and never would. My mother in law on the other hand has one app. She has words with friends. That's it. Her iPhone is for words with friends, phone calls, and texting.

x5tuu

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2012
For me apps have little value, I do have a small selection on my ipad for media viewing (i work away 3+ nights per week) and basic photo editing but am yet to experience an app that enriches any part of my life.

I don't use amazon, Starbucks, Facebook, twitter, any other social media etc... And have no interest in gaming in my phone but why should that mean I can't enjoy a seamless integration between my iPhones, ipad, MBA and cars combined with a smooth OS experience??!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.