Who Here Switched From iOS to Android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Have you switched Operating Systems?

1. I switched from iOS to Android, and Never looking Back.

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I switched from iOS to Android, and back to iOS.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. I switched from iOS to a different Operating System.

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Sticking with iOS for life, and never switching.

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I traded my iPhone 4 today.

Got the HTC Rezound now, and I love it.

4.3'' screen, 720p display, higher ppi than the iPhone 4, 4G speeds, customization, widgets, beats headphones, and ICS (It's leaked now, but I read it'll be official before June).

Anyway, I love it. Only complaint is the battery life and the camera, both could've been improved. I haven't recorded anything yet, but it records 1080p video, so I'm looking forward that.

I couldn't stand iOS anymore.

This HTC is just temporary though, my official upgrade date is Nov 2nd, and plan to either get the Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, or Galaxy Journal (Note).

It's going to be great for the next 7 months, and even better when I get a super phone like the Galaxy's.

Personally, after getting this, I don't see myself ever going back to a phone like the iPhone, it's just too small, and boring.

Even though my phone is 4.3'', I still want a phone up to 4.65'' like the Nexus, or 5.3'' like the Note.

Like I said, I don't see myself ever going back to the iPhone.

Anyone else feel this way?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

I switched from iOS to Android, and then Android to iOS.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

4. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

No, its actually the other way round.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I went from a first-gen Touch + Sony W705a to an HTC/Google Nexus One, then to a 4S. I find that the 4S is much less "buggy" than Android, for example the music player works and the keyboard isn't such an exercise in frustration. I still don't like the onscreen keyboard though, so I keep a Bluetooth keyboard at work.

I also put Android 4 on my HP TouchPad, but went back to WebOS because I found it "better" to use. It's hard to explain the difference in a quick forum post.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I came from 15 years of nokia to IOS Apple and since day 1 I have been immersed in the WoW factor of this idevice.

i was so impressed i ditched a samsung netbook windows 7 and dell PC, to a macbook air and never looked back.

In my experience the customer service of apple far outweighs any other in this sector !

7. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

I went from Android to iOS. Have had 7 Android phones over the past 4 years. I got tired of waiting ages for OS updates or having to buy a new phone less than a year later to run that new OS. Plus bad battery life, hardware issues, and glitchy apps that crash or force close leading to battery pulls or having to restart your phone o get it working again. I grew tired if it.

8. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

As long as Apple continues to produce software that I like, I shall remain with both OS X and iOS.

9. podsonic macrumors member

I got an iphone but found it did not keep my head dry in the rain so i switched to a hat and then and umbrella, but neither would make phone calls so i switched back to an iphone.....

10. ioo7 macrumors member

ioo7

I use bouth and the iphone still rapes!! Ok so your new droid is fast, thats because its NEW!! Give it some time, dont want to put down droid but its like a PC, ive gone through 3 pc's and im still using my mac book pro. 6 year old, mac will last longer hands down,, that droid will be a pice in 2 years..., iPhone 4 ,,, 4 the WIN!! "It just works"

11. Pinkie Pie macrumors regular

I had an Android phone for two years because Verizon didn't yet have the iPhone and I HATED it. It was my first smartphone, so it was cool, but it wasn't a joy to use and it certainly didn't feel magical. It was boring and dull and boxy and complicated. It glitched and crashed and froze and lagged. The battery didn't even last 8 hours. The Android Market was a mess. Got my first iPhone last November (the 4S) and it's like a growth on my hand - I love it so much I almost can't put it down!

So ... no.

12. mopatops macrumors regular

mopatops

Pretty limiting options on the poll... I switched from Android to iOS in October and I plan on sticking with iOS for the foreseeable future. Doesn't mean there won't be something else I prefer for the rest of my life. :rolleyes:

Doesn't WoW stand for World of Warcraft?! :p

13. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Android no way.... 3 years using it, new phone every 6-8, so basically I use them all (sprint). I take better pictures (The delay and quality on android is blaaah) better video, better gps, IMO better audio when playing music, better app/games waaaaaaaaaay better, and so on. See you back when IPhone 5 is out.

Ps tell Mr. Force close I said .l..

14. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I switched from iOS to an Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, then switched to Verizon to try out the Nexus (the only decent Android phone imo) and then switched back to my iPhone 4 and original plan on AT&T.

The iPhone overall is a much better experience.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.