Who is buying a macbook if there is no update the 9th, before the promo ends?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #1
    If there is no update on the 9th, I think I will just get a blackbook with the free ipod and sell it so the total price is 1199 or less if you get more than 200 for the touch?
    Because I think even with the update you wont get that good of specs for the price.....
    So if there is nothing on the 9th, are you gonna get an old macbook before the 15th?
     
  2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

    Drumjim85

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #2
    if i don't hear anything about the new update by the 14th, I'm going to buy a MB, but i won't open it for two weeks. If i here something about it before then, i can decide of i like the new one or not, and can still return the purchased MB.

    BUT, i hope it doesnt come down to that.
     
  3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

    hogfaninga

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2008
    Location:
    Chestnut Tree Cafe
    #3
    I do. Just joking. I got a new blackbook when the back to school deal started. I could of easily waited. I just hate aluminum. I love the plastic.
     
  4. -kumar- macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2008
    #4
    i dont think i am. i really want the new aluminum finish on the macbook. it looks tight, but i dont want to wait so long to get it. engadget did guarantee a new macbook before christmas, but thats so far awayy!!!
    dont think im gunna buy the old gen tho
     
  5. Clepton macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    #5
    Yes i've decided to wait as well, although i don't necessarily like aluminium. I've just come to the conclusion that it will irritate me greatly if I buy one now and a new one comes out 3 weeks later or so. In the meantime i've decided to buy a PC laptop and use that for about a year.

    Any1 have any ideas about what kind of laptop to buy? I'll mostly be using it just for internet and music, and probably some movies as well.
     
  6. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Location:
    Always in a path of a Hurricane!
    #6
    Already Did..........If a new one comes out and i do like it, I will buy a 2nd .
     
  7. gazfocus macrumors 68000

    gazfocus

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #7
    Well the Back to school promo hasn't started in the UK yet but usually starts early sept, so hopefully, the new macbooks will be released and I'll get a free ipod too :)
     
  8. kyleaa macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2006
    #9
    I will probably buy one under the promotion, unless there is a compelling reason to upgrade to a new one. Even if they release a new one, the promotion will most likely only apply to the current generation.
     
  9. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

    iwuzbord

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2008
    Location:
    New York City
    #10
    same here. i got white though. but i have no issues with the current design. and if you can get a free touch, why not do it?!

    how can you possibly be sure about that?

    your exactly right. in the rules and conditions for the rebate, it lists the part numbers of the current revison/generation macbooks. so if they do release a new one, it wont be available under the bts offer.
     
  10. shoelessone macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    #11
    As sad as it is, I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait. If it were me I'd definetly wait, but I'm thinking about buying one as a present for my GF and I will want her to have the latest and greatest available. On the downside, she probably won't care either way, so it makes it difficult for me to decide.

    I'll be somewhat pissed (at myself, not Apple) if I wait and find out that there is just a CPU/memory/HDD/optical drive bump, and no external changes that really matter to me/her. The current gen MacBooks are perfectly fine spec wise.
     
  11. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #12
    I agree. This upcoming update is a chipset update, and chipset updates generally don't increase specs as much as non chipset updates.

    Not me. I want the aluminum, increased specs, and new design.

    Evidence/sources/rumors/logic please.
     
  12. nickbr00tality macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    #13
    Same thing hear...I got mine at the end of June. Didn't need the iPod touch, sold it, but I wanted a blackbook.
     
  13. Clayne macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    #14
    Same! Except maybe even black aluminum...

    At this point I could care less, as long as it comes out SOON. But black would be cool, still.
     
  14. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #15
    I'm thinking September 30. But an announcement at the September 9 event is even better!
     
  15. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

    Cheffy Dave

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2007
    Location:
    Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    #16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cheffy Dave
    Trust me,It's the 9th!


    Evidence/sources/rumors/logic please.


    Good friends in High places:eek:;):apple::apple::apple::apple: GO GATORS!
     
  16. largebrandon macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    #17

    LoL. The "GO GATORS" has ruined all of your credibility with me ;) haha, just kidding.

    So, according to your sources, the 9th is the announcement or the 9th is the announcement and release?

    GO TIGERS! (of the Clemson variety!)
     
  17. ll PiStoNs ll thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #18
    youre all wrong
    GO SPARTANS!
     
  18. Aranince macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #19
    I'll be buying one no matter what after the update. Anything to get away from Windows.
     
  19. scrub0bk macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2008
    #20
    has the new aluminum deisgn been shown? i know we saw pics of what it coulda have been, cause im wanting the aluminum if its coming out soon
     
  20. Mackan macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2007
    #21
    New updated MacBook specs:

    Aluminum case
    Centrino 2 CPU's
    Intel X4500 Integrated Graphics
    LED screen
    DisplayPort
    DDR3 RAM

    Well, that's what I hope for. But if the update is imminent (within 2 weeks) we should have already seen more rumors/signs.
     
  21. Clayne macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    #22
    I've waited for 9 months. This'll be like a newborn baby. If it doesn't come out on the 9th/16th, I'm still waiting. There's no way I'll have waited this long for nothing.
     
  22. Maxime macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Location:
    Montréal
    #23
    People have problems with "here" and "hear" in this tread. :D
     
  23. thras macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2008
    #24
    I was thinking the same thing!

    Anyone know how long it will take to release if they're announced on the 9th? I'm leaving Canada for the UK for school less than two weeks after that...
     
  24. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #25
    Well, I got mine Friday because the free iPod was too good to pass up and I love the plastic design (coming from someone who uses a MBP daily at work.) The little thing is amazing!

    Anyway, I doubt it will be aluminum, or at the very least, the MBA design everyone is dreaming about. Ever notice how the iMacs and MBs looked alike as well as the MBPs and the MPs? I doubt they will be dropping that and it's most likely going to stay plastic or something that looks similar to the iMac with aluminum.
     

Share This Page