Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
I am curious to see how many of you are buying the new iPhone 5 at unsubsidized pricing because you cannot upgrade yet?

I am personally doing it because my Android phone is absolutely terrible and can't wait to take a baseball bat to it. I have never felt this way about the phone. 3 hours of battery life.... in airplane mode....

Verizon basically gives it to you dry. You cannot upgrade early.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
You can't buy it unsubsidised in the US at launch anyway. You're going to have to wait several weeks or months if you want to do that.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
As far as my knowledge extends, you can upgrade at unsub. pricing as long as you have a current verizon wireless contract. Which I do.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
You can't buy it unsubsidised in the US at launch anyway. You're going to have to wait several weeks or months if you want to do that.

No, that's for an unlocked phone. This is simply buying the same carrier phone but at full price.

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
I'll be buying it unsubsidized in the US as soon as it's available. It'll be cheaper and get here faster than if I were buying under contract in Brazil.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I'm buying it unsubsidized. I'm on Verizon & wanna keep my unlimited plan & still get 4g LTE. it's worth it to me since I have an iPhone 4, my contract is up April 2013, & imma need that unlimited data for the "5"

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
I just bought no commitment,( if it is same as unsubsidized), on the launch day from att USA. I pay 649 for 16 gb black. I will call them to unlock it later, cos i have been with att for 3 years:D

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I am. Not eligible for an upgrade and got a year left on contract. So full price this year and get upgrade price or jump ship to verizon for the 5S next year. Luckily I just sold a Galaxy Nexus on eBay today and have my 4S listed. Both of these sales will cover the cost for full retail of a 32gb iPhone 5 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.