Who is Camping Out at AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman14, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

I see a lot of threads on camping out at Apple, who is camping out at AT&T?

I personally am, only due to the fact that I am on a Premier account, and the Apple store will not touch my account.

What time do you plan on going out there? I am going around 7PM the night before. I have got every iPhone on launch day and cannot break this "record"

2. SlyMac macrumors 6502

From what info I've gathered, I will probably be heading to an ATT store. I plan on driving by a couple ATT stores that I know will have a decent stock (being main stores) at around midnight-2am to determine if I need to line up then or wait a little longer.

3. Trumpy macrumors member

Trumpy

I have to buy my iPhone from the AT&T stores because of my plan as well. I think I am going to drive by the stores around me in the morning to see how busy they are.

4. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

I seriously can't believe people are camping out for a phone. But each to their own. :-/

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

what? I am and ordered through apple, no problem. or do you mean you do not want them touching it?

6. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Both Apple Stores in my area tell me the stores cannot upgrade Premier accounts.. Only online orders can process these..

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I upgraded in store with the 4S no problem...unless this just changed

8. Arxcher macrumors member

Extremely limited supply

I have been considering canceling my apple.com preorder (Oct. 5th delivery) and trying my luck at the local AT&T retailer. I went in to the local store today to discuss with the representative and he was able to look up exactly how many iPhones they will be receiving for the Friday launch. According to their database, they will only be receiving 4 16gb, 2 black and 2 white, and none in any of the other storage sizes.

Granted, my local At&T store (Laurel, MS) is not the largest store by any means, but it might be a good idea to try contacting your local retailer and see if they know how many they will be receiving. Needless to say, I will not be canceling my preorder and will sit back while all the initial issues and bugs are reported.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That's BS. I have a premier account and have had no trouble in the past.

10. Jnyce macrumors regular

people camp out for many thing, sneakers, videogames, etc...why should a phone be any different?

11. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I remember camping out for 24hrs in 2006 when the xbox 360 came out lol. I would probably do it again in 2013 when the new next generation comes out.

12. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I will watch you all on the news from the comfort of my home:)

13. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just put a call directly into my Apple Store manager, and he is going to call his AT&T Rep and get a for sure anwser. I would much rather wait at Apple.

14. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

I'm not saying it should.... But I wouldnt camp out for trainers or a video game either!

I'm not knocking anyone here, each to their own, I just personally think its one step too far!

15. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I really hope my AT&T store has more than 4 phones in stock on launch day. I don't plan on camping out, but am going to try my luck right when they open (I have to work on Friday or I might have been inclined to camp out). Either way, I still have my iPhone pre-ordered and set to arrive by 10/5 if the store sells out. Also, I have two extra upgrade lines and was going to use one for the in-store iPhone, so I don't have to worry about canceling my online order until I find out if AT&T will have any iPhones in stock.

16. Gshox macrumors regular

i have a att and verizon store, 1 and 2 minutes away from me respectively. I'll probably check up on it throughout the night, whenever I decide which carrier im going with

17. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

I finally pressured the operator to put me through to the manager. He took my name, number, and account number down and called his AT&T Rep. They say that I can upgrade as all I have is a FAN discount, but still pay my phone bill.

So it looks as if I am going to the Apple store!

18. rt23 macrumors newbie

Last year, I was able to get the iPhone 4S on launch day without waiting in line. I strolled around 6 o' clock at night and just grabbed a 4S. Given though, that the agent told me that the remaining iPhones were all 64gb. This was at an AT&T store in Queens, NYC. Im planning to do the same for the iPhone 5 launch too.

19. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Considered asking in the forum made exclusively for such questions?

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

20. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I waltzed into the AT&T about 9AM when the iPhone 4S came in and walked out with exactly what I wanted. And I live in Miami.