iPhone XR Who is excited to get their XR?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geekbabe, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

my case came today, Speck Presidio Show...clear with black banding, now eagerly awaiting my red XR, time to do an encrypted backup of my 6S Plus & get ready.

Who else is excited?

2. Porterhouse macrumors 6502

Porterhouse

I've excited too! I'm also awaiting a red XR!

3. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Just finished my encrypted backup & am ready to go :)

4. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I’m stoked! Blue 64 gig will be here tomorrow, and absolutely no case for me. Naked or nothing!

5. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I have one rule..phone doesn’t go out the door without a case...

6. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I’m careful. Owned 8 iPhones (as of tomorrow), and never broken a screen, glass back or anything part. I love the design, and don’t want to hide it.

7. ECUSnare macrumors regular

Hopefully grabbing one this weekend. Looking to grab a white 64gb.

8. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

The case I have is clear so the phone will show off nicely. I cracked a brand new phone two days after I got it, never again. Case goes on & it goes to Best Buy for a tempered glass screen

9. aneftp macrumors 601

I’m not. Have no clue why I ordered it. But sams club in USA just sent me email my order is delayed. But for my troubles they are giving me $200 gift card! When it comes November 1-9th.

Now I’m tempted to keep it for my wife. She didn’t like the XS. Returned it due to battery life. She’s using iPhone 8 Plus.

I can get $400 trade in no hassle
    Apple store for iPhone 8 Plus. I use Apple gift cards for iTunes/Netflix etc. so it’s like cash to me.

So the iPhone xr 128gb would
    Be $800 plus taxes minus $200 gift card. Not a bad deal.

10. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I’m expecting that exact one tomorrow, and I’m excited. I had to return the XS Max due to headaches from the OLED. I was planning to just stick with the 8+ another year, but then the pre-orders started and I couldn’t stop myself.

LOVE. NEW. GADGETS. ;-p

11. ECUSnare macrumors regular

Nice. I love the in-hand size of the Max (currently on 7 Plus), but the extra screen real estate makes it a bit too much for me to use one-handed. Wasn't exactly ready to dive back into the XS size just yet, so this is a good compromise, IMO.

12. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

Those bezels those bezels those bezels! Sorry I've seen that like 14 times today. LOL Yeah mine should be held at the UPS CC for 9 AM pick up. Should be interesting considering I have a Max. Actually ordered it for my son, but he is gone till Saturday.. .so he told me to play with it all I want and I plan to because saving $500 including the lesser cost of Apple Care + I may just return this Max. We'll see! :)

13. white4s macrumors 68000

14. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I hear that. I can actually use my 8+ one-handed most of the time, thanks to my Loopy case, even though my hands are pretty small. The Max was gonna make that virtually impossible, but I didn’t want to go as small as the XS either. I think the size of this will be perfect. I just hope I like everything else about it.

My ONLY concerns were the screen quality and the camera differences. The reviews have made me feel much better about the screen. I’m still a little concerned about certain camera things, but I don’t think the differences will affect my normal use. I can’t wait to try it!

15. ECUSnare macrumors regular

Should be awesome! the one camera issue I could see is the lack of portrait mode on non-people subjects, but that's it.

16. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Oh and I forgot to mention that my screen protectors came today, and my Loopy case should be here tomorrow. I got the white with the silver marbling, so yeah it’ll hide my phone, which is also white so it really doesn’t matter.

I’m pretty darn basic, but I needed that silver aluminum to match my Apple Watch. Even though you can’t see it, I’ll KNOW it’s there. ;-p
    --- Post Merged, Oct 25, 2018 ---
    Yeah, and I’m thinking I’ve never really used that anyway. When using portrait mode, I’m almost always photographing one of my grandkids.

And I’ve never used my zoom. That’s why I am almost certain the camera is gonna be just fine.

And I’m SO not worried about the bezels coming off an 8+.

17. chanerz macrumors 65816

18. Geekbabe, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018

Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

It’s not the Max but as a stage IV cancer patient for close to four years ( Immunotherapy for the win) every new phone release is exciting to me.

Happiness is a new phone & tomorrow a whole lot of us will be very happy :)

19. Katvonc macrumors regular

Katvonc

Can’t hardly sleep. Tomorrow is my delivery date. Replacing my 8 with a black xr. Got my Kate Spade case, screen protector and will invest in Apple care. Case goes on immediately. Hoping the larger screen will help my retinal issue. I have owned 7 iPhones and loved them all. I have a Mac laptop, iPad Air and Apple Watch. Definitely an Apple snob. Happy launch day to all.

20. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I received my red 64GB XR this morning. I am sensitive to PWM and I have no issues with the XR - I have issues with my Xs Max so I’m going with the XR.

21. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Well what do you think so far?

22. Kristine macrumors 6502a

23. davedvdy, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018

davedvdy macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping the Apple Store here has one tomorrow morning, just to check it out at least.
    They didn't have any display XS Max stock iPhones on launch day, for example lol (Target across the street from them did though lol).

24. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

25. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Up early waiting for FedEx, it’s true, the waiting is the hardest part!