iPad mini Who is going to immediately upgrade to the mini retina display?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHeartsteve, Nov 2, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I REALLY wanted to buy the mini today but the text is just too blurry for my liking. I did like the size and how light weight it is, so maybe I'll just get it for the hell of it since I travel for business a lot. But there's no way I can read anything on that thing for more than half hr.

Also it was odd that if you do zoom IN, the text is LESS blurry. This was the opposite w the ipad 2 - blurry far away and blurry zoomed in. I guess its a positive thing if you can at least read text comfortable zoomed in but it was really annoying me to have to zoom into EVERYTHING. I was really disappointed that the text in the email was blurry into I zoomed in.

I did notice the internet browsing on mini while on wifi was indeed a lot faster. Pleased about that! Didn't notice vast difference from ipad 3 to the iPad 4.

I'm thinking of just buying one now (waiting for cellular) and selling right away to get the retina display mini. Who else is going to definitely upgrade when the retina display comes out???

2. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

If/when that happens, most likely will. But I'm also happy with the mini, right now.

3. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Ditto

5. pasadena, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

I probably will, maybe not at launch, but yes.

As for the bluriness, I don't have an iPad 3 to compare, but I have an iPhone 4S. Please try other apps than Safari before making up your mind. As I mentionned in another post, Safari looks bad to me, but the other texts do not. A book is not blurry.

6. Smithwicks macrumors regular

Tru dat

7. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

I can"t see the display being worse than the iPad 2 but I definitely waiting for the Retina version.

9. xofruitcake macrumors 6502a

It depends on how much it is going to cost and the weight of the retina mini. I don' t think the Ipad mini retina will be at the same price as today Ipad mini and the weight will certainly be more heavy unless some new LCD panel come out that need less back light with the 2048x1536 resolution.

10. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

As long as its less than 400g I am sold

11. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I bought a Mini today. I love everything about it except for the display. I'm typing on it now. I'm probably going to return it and get a refurb 3rd gen until a retina Mini is released. Then I'll definitely get it.