who is going to watch then Edward Snowden movie this week ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alexrat1996, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Who going to watch the new Edward Snowden movie this week ?

2. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

I'm going to try to see if our IT class at university can go on a field trip.

Just kidding, but I plan to see it sometime or another.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The NSA will be watching everyone watching.

4. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

As much as I like JGL, I'll pass on this movie. I'm anti Snowden, and feel this movie is just glorifying his crimes.

6. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I agree.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

Nah.

Watching someone rat on your friends in Goodfellas seems way more interesting to watch for the 100th time...

The Fifth Estate (Julian Assange), Jobs (w/ Kutcher), Steve Jobs (w/ Fassbender), and The Social Network (Mark Zuckerberg) were all about mediocre for me. None of their lives were really that interesting and some were simply exaggerated for dramatic effect. Even watching Osama Bin Laden get killed in Zero Dark Thirty was rather a snoozefest.

Unless Martin Scorsese is directing it, not into biopics.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What about glorifying the crimes of the government?

10. adamneer macrumors 6502

I'm definitely interested in seeing it, even though the reviews so far have been pretty lackluster. I'm fascinated by the story, and very much hoping that someday an American president will have the decency to pardon Snowden or at the very least, drop the Espionage Act from his charges so that he can face a fair trial. I find it appalling the number of people who believe Snowden did it all for notoriety, despite now having to live as a fugitive in Russia, potentially for the rest of his life. Although unsurprisingly, many of these people aren't aware that Russia wasn't his first or even ideal choice, and that he attempted to get asylum from a number of countries that refused, before getting stuck in Russia with no means of leaving.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'll wait until it goes to Netflix or Prime Video. I neither agree or disagree with Mr. Snowden's acts while working as a contractor for our Government. Either way, our Government couldn't do anything to stop extremists or control actual detractors from other civil or uncivil natures even when given unprecedented access and power for years if not several decades. In other words, it's still very much a "Who's got the bigger one" instead of actually working together to secure our nation and help our allies.

Snowden tries to remain relevant three years later with his lurid one-liners presented to the press. Yawn. Much like John McAfee, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, et al. Hasbeens.

12. ItsNotaTumor macrumors member

ItsNotaTumor

Its overall a mediocre film- but the acting is pretty good. A solid netflix or cable watch.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

He went from blowing the whistle to blowing himself. No time for that.

14. Tech198 macrumors G4

There's a movie ? I reckon he's just safer hiding then making money in films personally..

15. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Yes a movie

16. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

He committed crimes- but I do admire how he gave up a really comfortable life- to now be in exile