Who is having their IPad shipped to their job

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rzucker, Mar 7, 2012.

1. rzucker macrumors newbie

Ordered two iPads today. Thinking about changing "ship to" address to my job, or is it better to pre-sign.

2. dtlee1974 macrumors regular

I'm having mine sent to the office. It definitely depends on where you work though. If you have a dedicated receptionist to sign for it I don't see a problem, unless that person just happens to be shady.

I'm not sure about Apple, but some companies won't ship to your secondary address unless your CC company has it on file. Anyone know if Apple is like that?

3. Chicagogirlie macrumors member

I just changed my shipping to my office with no problem. Just got the e-mail confirmation of the change.

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

5. rman726 macrumors 6502

Mine would go to my receiving department, and I wouldn't get it until like Monday or Tuesday. I'll be presigning and clicking F5 on Fedex until my package is delivered, and taking my lunch break at that time.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Mine is coming to where I work. It will be their at almost exactly 10:00AM on Friday 16 March. I'm basing this on the fact that the last 3 items I purchased from Apple have arrived right like that. The receptionist (Who bought my old 3g iPhone) will sign for it then call me.

There are currently 3 people where I work who have Apple kit that they bought from me, and another 3 have asked if I'm selling my iPad 2.

7. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I'm having mine go to the office. I don't want my iPad sitting on the porch all afternoon. I was tempted to take that day off and spend the day with it, but that just kind of seems like a waste of a day off since I'm on vacation a week later and will have plenty of free time with my new baby.

PS: Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I think one of the best parts about getting new Apple stuff is letting our receptionist know it's coming. I guess I just feel that it makes it official once I do that.

8. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

Shipping to my work. Last 4 times that UPS delivered packages to me they happened to be placed on the back porch. So to work it is. Do I trust the receptionist? Well, she looked after my 2 dogs when I moved house last summer.

Simple reason; when the iPad shows up at work, I shut down. Connect MBA to network, setup iPad, leave work, buy beer, go home, play with new toy.

Tom