who is ready for the riots?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 23, 2016.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Are you under the impression that Trump supporters are non-violent angels? As a Hillary supporter, I've felt unsafe putting a Hillary bumper sticker on my BMW out of fear it will be keyed or worse. Trump supporters have no fear putting his bumper sticker on their 1980's pickup trucks. Don't underestimate the capacity for violence from angry, armed, unintelligent white people.

4. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

it was the hillary bots being violent at the trump stops, trump supporters did not go after bernie or hillary like the hillary bots went after trump.

5. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Don't underestimate the capacity for violence from angry, armed, unintelligent people of any skin colour.

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'd say the grand majority of Trump supporters on the internet are teens who are not of legal age to vote.

7. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yeah, but I'm talking about Trump supporters right now and let's just say they're mostly not a multi-colored bunch.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2016 ---
    This is just the first result from my search of "violent trump supporters"
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/politics/donald-trump-protester-rally/

Nevermind how minorities have been treated by his sheep at his rallies and egged on by Donald himself. Scary people.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Teens support Hilary.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Possible, although this remains an infotainment nation. Riots more likely to be over stuff like the ATT acquisition of Time Warner, when it occurs to consumers that the price of HBO is certainly not going to go down behind this deal.

I agree about the bumper stickers though. In 2008 and 2012 I didn't even put up a yard sign. Talk about the silent majority...

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I expect Clinton to take both the electoral and the popular, so why worry. Why borrow trouble.

11. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

the dead ones?

12. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I often think about that when I see Trump bumper stickers. They call themselves "the silent majority". To me it seems that Democrats who aren't into bumper stickers, yard signs, and huge rallies are actually the silent majority that just show up at the polls on election day. Seems that Trump supporters are actually the vocal (and annoying) minority, not the silent majority.

13. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

no clinton signs anywhere to be found, her take the popular? please.
    exactly why there will be riots :D

14. zin macrumors 6502

I chuckled reading this. Typical liberal elitism showing its ugly face. It's cute that you've ignored the overwhelming amount of violence and crime perpetrated by Democrats against Trump supporters. Trump supporters have no fear putting up signs and they still get stolen and vandalised. Where is your outrage?

Put up your Hillary sign. The reason you don't see any is not because you're a victim. You'll quickly find out that nobody cares.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I agree in principle although in practice I'll be concerned until we're more like a purple nation instead of a bunch of red or blue states. Gonna take awhile yet but I think there's more progress than actually shows up this year. Hard to tell with such unpopular candidates in the top slot.
    Come over here and say that, why don't you.

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

There seem to be big bumpers on both side of the aisle. It's too easy to perceive what we want to see, unless it's something one is told to see - which is where leaders often come in.

The one sole fact is that nobody really knows until after the votes are fully counted.

And it should have been a cakewalk in 2000 and 2004 for Democrats as well. Nader was irrelevant, Gore did not win over enough voters. Kerry somehow acted far more stupid than Bush during the debates, so it was hard to be surprised when he lost.

17. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yes, and?

Trump's more vocal supports speak of racism, rape, theft, rigging, etc. Anything to support their demagogue. Moreover, at this point, I can't imagine why any American woman would be supportive of Trump and his disgusting sexism and perversions. Or why the government should have control over this body. Trump has, time and time again, shown he knows zero about how is own country's government works and how little he knows other than being a used car salesman with sleezy sweet talk.

Then there's the previously delusional Sanders supporters who became Trumpistas. Meanwhile, Trump is for everything opposite of Sanders. If that doesn't say lack of mental acuity, I don't know what does.

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Excellent points.

However, what causes purple to de-meld into red and blue to begin with? What has caused rift? We had to have been sufficiently purple to survive to the point where people could scribble out "a house divided" and all that...

The reason can't be illegals, robots are replacing their jobs and filling up landfills more quickly... or can it?

19. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

the sander supporters have no reason to support Hillary, hell after what they have been called they are better off sticking it to the DNC & Hillary they way the DNC & Hillary stuck it to them .

20. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Last I checked most Berniebots became Clinton supporters.

And being in Hollywood, a very sexist agency, wouldn't Trump fit right in? Not really, Hollywood also pretends to be very "liberal". But only Hollywood could make programs that piss on capitalism as means to make a buck from it.

One candidate's supporters, if said candidate drops out, has the freedom to look at other candidates. Since we also say third candidate voting is a waste, one then looks at what both candidates promise and then vote on what they individually believe is the best compromise, who they feel relates to their situation better, or to vote on what is known as "the lesser of two evils". It's always been that way, nor will it ever change - much less be augmented by "run-off voting" or other means.
    People expected Kerry to win in a landslide, too. Expect nothing until after it happens.

21. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Like I said, I don't feel safe putting up Clinton signs. I received a bumper sticker in the mail a couple of weeks ago after I donated to her campaign, it's sitting on my desk next to my iMac. I won't be displaying it, but I'll sure as hell show up to the polls on 11/8.

As for the popular vote, you know damn well she'll win it.

22. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

come'on, it's not about safety,you are ashamed of her just like most of the democrats are :D

23. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yes, the same people who detested the Bush administration and who see an even worse administration with Trump will vote for Trump. Tell me that isn't borderline retarded.
    Hollywood fits into this how? Hollywood is not an agency. An agency is a place of business. It's a place. The majority if not all studios are not in Hollywood anymore. Any tribute to Hollywood is to the past. The namesake has stuck for decades because so many of the original studios were in Hollywood, that don't exist anymore or were merged into other studios in other cities.

24. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

Hillary is WORSE than Bush, she is a war monger. voting trump might send the DNC the proverbial middle finger it deserves D:

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

As I remarked in another thread, I have a Clinton sticker on my car. I've seen two yard signs, one for each candidate, and the Trump sign was taken down after the Billy Bush video. Go figure.