Who is scrambling looking for an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 12vElectronics, Sep 10, 2013.

1. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

After todays keynote, who is out looking for an iPhone 5? Apple's website took it down and I've heard that many retailers are low or OOS.

2. Poly macrumors 6502

I see some nice discounts at Bestbuy etc?
    Anyone with me?
    Maybe i will upgrade my 4S to a 'cheap' 5?

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Im looking around on Craig'slist. Haha I have a Note 2 but i just want to buy it outright and keep my baby.

Quick Question - If I get an unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon, can it run on the ATnT network and will ATnT allow me to do so?

I want the iPhone at times but then I dont. its a love hate thing :)

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

(looks around) mines in my pocket, don't see an issue.

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Bought one a month ago so I wouldn't have to. And I needed a phone right then and there. I was worried it would be a bad call not trying to wait it out. But at this point seems not so bad and I paid for price for unlocked so also seems like that option might not happe for a while. I am happy and readi for ios7. That all said if someone wanted to pay me some stupid amount for it I would sell. But that won't happen ;)

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

It will work on AT&T but it won't get LTE

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I can see no reason why I would want an iPhone 5 when in a couple of weeks I can get a superior 5S for the same price.

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I've had the the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5 and had every intention of getting the 5s. To be honest, I was not impressed much since the 5 is very fast and don't really care much about the fingerprint scanner. Walmart has the iphone 5 for $98 with a 2 yr contract which I think is a great deal. The iphone 5 is still a beast.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If your happy with the 5 and can find a deal then the 5 is a great phone, but the 5S is superior.

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

thanks, the guy who was trading said it would work, but I rather just get an ATnT model.

11. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Who is scrambling looking for an iPhone 5?

What about a Verizon iPhone 5 on tmobile?

12. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

Both AT&T and TMO both use GSM frequency LTE so I'd assume it wouldn't get LTE on either..but I could be wrong.

13. CEmajr macrumors 601

No T-Mobile LTE Either

14. Ticktock123 macrumors newbie

Lol u can't argue with a fanboy. Far superior? Sorry I don't see it either. The 5 is awesome and the fingerprint scanner is just this years Siri... A cool novelty and nothing more.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

And next year, the iPhone 6 will be superior to the 5S. That's what I will be getting! :D

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Why on earth would someone buy an iPhone 5 when you can buy an iPhone 5S for the exact same price? The form factor and looks are nearly the same, but everything else is vastly improved?

Bryan

17. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

That's just it, the price isn't the same. The ip5 will b the price of the 5c until all stock is gone

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Twice as fast. Better camera. Bunch of other things. Yes it's superior.

19. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Which won't be long...

Bryan

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The 4S' price didn't drop when the 5 was announced, but if you can find a deal and don't want the upgrades then by all means buy a 5.

21. onepoint macrumors 6502

onepoint

I was hoping to find some iPhone 5's being dumped on Craigslist, but no luck (at least not today). Prices in good shape are still $475-500 on a 16gig. The 5C will be $549 brand new off contract -- no point.

22. Ticktock123 macrumors newbie

Agreed it's superior if you're a spec junkie but I thought that was only the Andriod guys that spouted out specs all the time

23. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Twice as fast and a better camera, while specs, are things you will notice in daily use.

24. Ticktock123 macrumors newbie

I agree but anytime someone mentions a x Core cpu or X amt of RAM on an Andriod phone everyone says specs don't matter. Not sure how that wouldn't matter just the same.

25. James717 macrumors regular

The 5 is fine.

Superior in the "it-should-be-better-after-six-months-like-all-electronic-devices" kind of way.

So what? the 5 is great. The 4S is fine. Use your needs to buy electronics. Otherwise, you will end up looking like a fool using the newest, most expensive, most hyped electronic just to do simple mundane tasks.

It's like using a MacBook Pro Retina with all the works just to write papers and surf the web. Yeah, typing a paper using iWorks looks sooo much better with Retina.