Who is Selling their iphone 4S NOW ? what is your plan on selling your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificBeach, May 29, 2012.

1. PacificBeach macrumors regular

I am sold my 64GB white iphone 4S just now got 700 plus shipping :)

Going to use a windows phone until the new iphone comes out!
    When are u guys selling your iphones?

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I don't sell my phones. The plan is to save the phone currently being used as a backup phone so if something happens to the new one outside of warranty you have something to fall back on. If I were to sell my iPhone though it wouldn't be this far out. I'd sell it late summer right before the media starts panicing people to sell their 'old' iPhones right before the next one is unrevealed.

3. HappyCamperNS, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

HappyCamperNS macrumors newbie

Selling already with 4 months to go? I don't know if I want to do that and be stuck with a windows/android phone 1/3rd of my life (4 out of 12 months every single year) just to save a few bucks on my resale value.

4. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

I pre-sold my iPhone 4 and had to use a dumb phone. Worse experience ever and it was only for a week. Never again

5. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I scored an unlocked Galaxy Nexus in South Korea. I'll sell once I get stateside... Apple, please don't release the 5 until October!

6. PlatinuM195 macrumors regular

Definitely not selling till after the new iPhone is out. No point using a platform I like just for the sake of a few dollars, using a platform I enjoy is worth the money :D

7. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I don't sell until I have the new one in my hands.

I had an HTC Evo (the original one) for the longest time. In February, I sold it for $200, and used it to get the iPhone 4s for free essentially only because I was eligible for an early upgrade.

When the iPhone 5 comes out, I'll sell my iPhone 4s for $250-$300 (assuming that's what it'll be going for), then find an iPhone 5 on Craigslist or Ebay for $450ish and pay the $150 difference... not a bad deal to get the newest phone and preserve my upgrade agreement.

Been doing this for probably 10 years now. Works like a charm (assuming many others here follow this method as well) :D

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I sold my 32gb 4S a couple of months ago to try the Nokia Lumia 800 before the next iPhone.

I quickly realised that the Lumia is a POS and sold it. Wanted to give WP7 more of a go and was curious about using a larger screen so got the HTC Titan.

Soon tired of WP7 and realised that the Titan was too big for combortable use. Got a used iPhone 4. Couldn't be happier to be back.

Didn't realise how unpopular the Titan is. Had it for sale for ages and mine was one if the cheapest on offer. Finally sold it yesterday.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm hanging on to my 4S until we know if Apple are going to increase the screen size of the 5. If they don't, it will be the first time I skip a generation, but I just don't see any new feature enticing me to buy 2 phones inside a year. If the screen is larger, then I will do what I always do, pass the 4S on to a buddy and buy the 5.

10. mikethewxguy macrumors member

I just sold mine this past weekend. I regret it.

Will buy an unlocked "5" as soon as I can...

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

No way in hell I would sell my i4S until I have another iPhone in hand to replace it.

12. alstrike macrumors regular

alstrike

I´m selling my 16GB 4S for 400€ + shipping to get a Galaxy S3, I´m getting bored and I need something to play with until the new iPhone comes out.

13. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Wow $700 + shipping.. where on Earth did you sell it? Ebay?

14. PacificBeach thread starter macrumors regular

Ebay

15. chokem macrumors 6502

+1 on this. UNLESS it has some extraordinary features that are not on the 4S.