Who is staying up to order from Apple online tonight?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aqua Bliss, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Would be tough for East Coasters, but here in California I think I might stay up until 1AM local time to see if I order my iPad2 from Apple with expedited shipping, whether I would get it on Saturday or not.

Usually there is a "delivery estimate" on the bottom based on the shipping method selected. If it says March 12th, I will probably just order online with expedited shipping to avoid the crowds...

2. elizabethjane macrumors member

elizabethjane

I'm waking up early. It's not to bad since I get up about 5:30 am anyways. :)

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Same for me, early at 5AM. Thats my normal wakeup hour. Based on my past experience, Apple store crashes. :D

4. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

There is a huge Wal-Mart about 2 miles from me, thinking about heading down there and play hardball around midnight, esp after seeing this pic on MR a few minutes ago...:)

[​IMG]

Otherwise planning on BestBuy at 1pm.

5. kmanmx macrumors 6502

6. Aqua Bliss thread starter macrumors 6502

Your butler Jeeves? Must be nice.

7. cd1k macrumors newbie

im up at 330est anyways for work... so... wont change my schedule... hopefully is say something like sat or monday... other wise ill take my chances at the store..

8. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I might be awake at midnight just to see if there are any problems trying to order. I sincerely doubt that if I did order online right away that I would get it on Saturday. The earliest I would see it would be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, even if I paid for faster shipping. If that is indeed the case, then I will go to my local Apple store at 1 or 2 and see what the crowds are like.

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Good luck "playing hardball". The wouldn't sell you one if you were Babe Ruth. You'll have to wait until 5 like the rest of us.

10. iPhisch macrumors 6502

i'll be waking up (EST), and hopefully ordering, then getting 3 more hours of sleep. I really hope the website is running smoothly.

11. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

For minimal effort, it is worth a shot, stranger things have certainly happened.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Setting the alarm for 3:45. I plan on using the Apple Store app on my iphone. When the iphone was released and everyone was trying to get on the website, the app worked perfectly.

13. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Boy, I feel for you. 4AM Easter is harsh. 1AM for me is management. It's right after my WOW Raid tonight.

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Use the Apple Store app on your iphone (assuming you have an iphone)

15. Aqua Bliss thread starter macrumors 6502

Ugh, if that's the case I might as well order from another online retailer and save the $50 tax... I wonder if these are all shipping from China.

16. kmanmx macrumors 6502

Ha, nah it's not how it sounds. I ordered from ebay.com as i live in the UK and the guy said he would order it for me as soon as preorders go live. So when i wake up at 9:30am this Friday i should have an email saying he's ordered me one - that'll be nice :)

17. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

18. Nads786 macrumors member

I'm debating whether to stay up til 2am Chicago time, or wait in line Friday.

19. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

I am since I will be up anyways. 3 am Central Time and I'll be awake anyway so why not! Since the unlimited plan will roll over to my iPad2 and I have a buyer for my iPad1 it's game on!~ :)

20. mwjd299 macrumors regular

They can't sell you one before 5 PM. The computers are locked by corporate and the sales people won't be able to check you out.

21. gigaguy macrumors 65816

It's 3am in Chicago, and from experience the servers get hammered for an hour or 2 or...

22. MarioB macrumors member

I'm staying up, but I live in CA. My white baby with a grey smart cover is only a few clicks away :D

23. eff pc macrumors regular

I think Apple is the only one selling online at launch, if I'm wrong please correct me because I'd prefer to order it from best buy online since I get 5% cashback with my credit card (I do at Apple too but up until today the iPad wasn't restricted but now it is...go figure)

24. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

Hmmmm...can you get your Student Discount from the iPhone app?

25. Aqua Bliss thread starter macrumors 6502

1 Hour to go people! I wonder if I'll hear any noisemakers and horns outside at 1am....