Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bfh123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I've given up chasing the elusive unicorn (aka 6+ 64 gb) I've gone to stores, I've called other stores, I've used the seaturtle site (that still cracks me up), Idevicechecker, the applestore, etc. I'm going to order.

Am I better off ordering from Apple or AT&T? Is one of them delivering faster?

Thanks!

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I always order from Apple because I don't like giving the carriers the sale. I ordered a 6 from Apple on 9/21 and it had an estimated ship date of October 9th but I'm getting it on the 1st. So in my opinion, Apple is better. AT&T gave me an estimate of 21 business days! Also, the carriers all have restocking fees.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I've given up chasing the elusive unicorn (aka 6+ 64 gb) I've gone to stores, I've called other stores, I've used the seaturtle site (that still cracks me up), Idevicechecker, the applestore, etc. I'm going to order.

Am I better off ordering from Apple or AT&T? Is one of them delivering faster?
Apple is shipping individual orders direct from factories as fast as they can manufacture them. AT&T is dependent on shipments from Apple. For obvious reasons, you're likely to have better luck with Apple. I was scheduled for 10/1-10/6 delivery on a 6+ 64GB SG ATT and I received it on 9/24.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've almost always ordered directly from Apple. Once or twice I've found stock at a lock AT&T store and bought there, but it's not a regular thing.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Apple is shipping individual orders direct from factories as fast as they can manufacture them. AT&T is dependent on shipments from Apple. For obvious reasons, you're likely to have better luck with Apple. I was scheduled for 10/1-10/6 delivery on a 6+ 64GB SG ATT and I received it on 9/24.

Not necessarily. Apple's contracts with the major carriers surely gives them a lot of priority over individual shipments. However, timing is hard to predict as it is complicated.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Not necessarily. Apple's contracts with the major carriers surely gives them a lot of priority over individual shipments. However, timing is hard to predict as it is complicated.
If carriers have priority, I'm not seeing evidence of it. Currently, online orders at Apple.com have been pretty constant at ships in 3-4 weeks. Meanwhile, AT&T shows shipping in 28-35 business days which translates to 5-7 weeks.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
If carriers have priority, I'm not seeing evidence of it. Currently, online orders at Apple.com have been pretty constant at ships in 3-4 weeks. Meanwhile, AT&T shows shipping in 28-35 business days which translates to 5-7 weeks.

The priority is most likely given to the stores themselves so they have stock. As for online orders, who knows. AT&T could just be way over-estimating to get people to go to the stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.