Who is tired of the MBP update threads?

Who is tired of the redundant MBP update threads?

• I like reading them over and over again.

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • I get mad and wish that a Mod would kill the thread.

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • I'm burnt on the subject.

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMouse

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
It seems that the same threads keep coming up. Vote for a cause.
You do realize that you don't have to read those threads right? It is optional, in fact, you don't even have to come to this particular forum! Freedom!

:D Oh, and the irony of this thread: You just created a thread about the new MBP updates!

rumpus

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
It seems that the same threads keep coming up. Vote for a cause.
Your options are actually too biased, else I'd have voted.

Its like the election committee holding contestants as - Barack "Angel Eyes" Obama or John "Look At Dat Bastard" McCain.

If anyone voted for "I like reading them over and over again", they'd probably prove (to you) that they are very lonely, retarded and have nothing better to do. Moral of the story: don't let your poll options reflect your own feelings when you're holding a public vote.

Easiest would be to make it:

1. I like reading them
2. I don't like reading them
3. Meh

Cheerio !

devils punchbow

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2010
burnt out. It's a really old subject now. Could careless at this point when update is released. Though once they do after a grace period I will be buying my first Mac/laptop machine.

People need to find something better to do then obsess over these types of duplicate update threads.

6-0 Prolene

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
burnt out. It's a really old subject now. Could careless at this point when update is released. Though once they do after a grace period I will be buying my first Mac/laptop machine.

People need to find something better to do then obsess over these types of duplicate update threads.
You're issuing Apple a "grace period?" Better obsessed than delusional, I suppose.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
California
You do realize that you don't have to read those threads right? It is optional, in fact, you don't even have to come to this particular forum! Freedom!

:D Oh, and the irony of this thread: You just created a thread about the new MBP updates!
Ahhhhhhh! Did I have to make you come here and rant about my own poll. I'm sorry. (Pouting for you) If you want, you can still vote?

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You have a couple of choices when you see these MBP threads:

1. Ignore them and move on
2. Report the thread

3. Post in the thread about how ridiculous the thread is
4. Get upset that someone would post the thread in the first place

I would suggest #1 or #2

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
California
Your options are actually too biased, else I'd have voted.

Its like the election committee holding contestants as - Barack "Angel Eyes" Obama or John "Look At Dat Bastard" McCain.

If anyone voted for "I like reading them over and over again", they'd probably prove (to you) that they are very lonely, retarded and have nothing better to do. Moral of the story: don't let your poll options reflect your own feelings when you're holding a public vote.

Easiest would be to make it:

1. I like reading them
2. I don't like reading them
3. Meh

Cheerio !
isn't that the point of posting my own thread????

Twenty5

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
you do realize that this thread qualifies as a MBP update thread right?

So in a way, you are contradicting yourself.

Welcome to the twilight zone.

devils punchbow

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2010
You're issuing Apple a "grace period?" Better obsessed than delusional, I suppose.
No I'm not issuing Apple a grace period. Maybe you should not assume. Though I guess that is standard practice for addicted forum users. Do I care to explain ? Other then the grace period is for me to make purchase. Don't care to explain any further. What I do does not matter nor the need having to explain it to online strangers. Thanks for your obsessed need to a misunderstood response.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
California
you do realize that this thread qualifies as a MBP update thread right?

So in a way, you are contradicting yourself.

Welcome to the twilight zone.
No, really? I have an idea! Why don't you post something about what you look forward to the updates and we can make it official.
Come on man. Do you think this thread is about the specs of an updated MBP, or a POLL about just getting tired of the regurgitated threads?

6-0 Prolene

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
No I'm not issuing Apple a grace period. Maybe you should not assume. Though I guess that is standard practice for addicted forum users. Do I care to explain ? Other then the grace period is for me to make purchase. Don't care to explain any further. What I do does not matter nor the need having to explain it to online strangers. Thanks for your obsessed need to a misunderstood response.
The term "grace period" is used in credit and banking. By using it, you're suggesting that Apple owes you something. Whether you think it's misunderstood or not, that's how it came across. Perception matters, and if you respond to someone's perception by getting snarky and insulting you're not really going to win anyone over.

solarein

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
I'm not tired of those. And I'd like to take this opportunity to speculate about the specs of new MBPs. This is a thread about MBP updates, right? Seems so, so here I go. I think they should put those new Arrandale processors in MBPs. Hopefully some nice GPU options too. What does everyone else think?

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
California
I'm not tired of those. And I'd like to take this opportunity to speculate about the specs of new MBPs. This is a thread about MBP updates, right? Seems so, so here I go. I think they should put those new Arrandale processors in MBPs. Hopefully some nice GPU options too. What does everyone else think?
It would be nice to have the same specs as the HP envy15 i5

rumpus

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
isn't that the point of posting my own thread????
Well, then

1. It should be just a text thread with your opinion, not a poll

2. It should be a private poll, where the only voter is you, not a public one !

solarein

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
It would be nice to have the same specs as the HP envy15 i5
That would be nice, but I think the 13" model cannot handle that GPU. Maybe a less powerful one in the 13" model? But still a discrete GPU, hopefully.

By the way when do you think the refresh will happen? My money is on March 16th.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
California
That would be nice, but I think the 13" model cannot handle that GPU. Maybe a less powerful one in the 13" model? But still a discrete GPU, hopefully.

By the way when do you think the refresh will happen? My money is on March 16th.
April. After the iPad launch

Status
Not open for further replies.