Who is upgrading from 16G to 32G in anticipation of larger apps etc.???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHeartsteve, Mar 10, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I was one of the Ipad2 owners with just the 16g wifi b/c I only needed it for 'light' use. No music, videos, or gaming. But with the app sizes increasing now and everything else, I can't help but think I may need the 32G now.

Currently I still have 8G left and have already downloaded the apps I want. But I'm going to want to download more magazines to read now and those take up space.

Soooo Should I upgrade to 32G???:rolleyes:

2. Rogue. macrumors regular

I upgraded from 16 to 64.

I have no music on my iPad, and only add dvds etc as I need to watch them. Most of the space is taken up with photos, games, books and magazines.

Yes I could delete magazines after reading, but I like to keep most as a reference.

My iPad has been full for months, and find it a pain to juggle content. Hence the upgrade. If there had been a 128Gb option it would have been seriously considered.

I feel I get my moneys worth as I use my iPad everyday. I would be lost without it in all honesty :)

3. Aksta macrumors regular

My 32gb iPhone is nearly filled with just apps and music so I went for a 64gb iPad in case I want to add some movies to the IPad.

4. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

wow thats a large leap! Don't tempt me :) I just have this feeling with the new display, I'll want to read all my mags on it now heheheh.

----------

another large leap!

5. falcora macrumors 6502

Yeah, my 16 GB iPad has about 9 GB of apps on it right now, with retina that number is going to increase even further. I'm definitely getting a 32 this time around. Possibly even a 64.

6. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I have a 64 gb 4s with 27 gigs free. All of my music is in a cloud or I listen to internet radio. Most of my space is taken up with photos and 1080p video. I'm not planning on storing photos and videos on my ipad because its too big for me to want to use as a camera. So I don't think I would come close to using up the 32 Gb. 64 would have been overkill. When I get the 2012 iPhone it'll definitely be 64gb.

32 is the minimum for me though. I don't know how you guys with 16 giggers survive. Lol

7. nednarm macrumors 6502

Yeah I owned a 16gb iPad 1 but decided to upgrade to the 32gb. Along with app sizes seeing an increase, I'll now be able to record 1080p video, which I'm sure will eat through disk space!

8. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I ordered the 16 now I'm seriously considered standing in line for the 64 and trying to sell the 16 on Craigslist but if I get no good offers just return it to the store.

9. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Yup I upgraded to the 32, I manage ok now with the 16, but with larger app file sizes I will need the extra space :)

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've always gone with the largest size available and this time is no exception. If there was a 128GB option I would have gone for that. Even 64GB isn't big enough for me and I've had to remove some content to make room for newer stuff.

11. mrmarts macrumors 65816

as this is my first iPad i will be getting the 64gb and my 32gb iPhone is also full so common logic tells me to get the 64gb

12. cole01, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

cole01 macrumors 6502

I had the 32GB Original iPad and iPad 2 so I naturally ordered a 32GB iPad 3rd Generation. I've found it to be the perfect size. I have a 16GB iPhone and wish I had more space. The only thing different this time is going from a wifi-only model to a 4G LTE + wifi one. ;) time to cancel the tethering plan on my iPhone but I must say it has worked out rather well for me.

Oh, and got the white model this time around to match my 4S. Iinitally hated the white model but grew to love it and have found it isn't distracting in the slightest sense. Also, I'll appreciate the difference between my black iPad 2. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones to get the 3/19 ship date. I can't wait till its in my grubby little hands. And I said I wouldn't buy this model... ?

13. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

similar story here! Didn't pre-order it yet bc yesterday I was just able to return my ipad2 for store credit (had for a month) so I can get the ipad3 :D was just going to get the $100 back but I thought, why not I deserve it :apple:

I would be in the 3/19 window as well but I'm going to chance it and stand in line w the rest of the folks. Im worried that I wont get the 32G b/c it seems to be the most popular.

Maybe alot of the 32G ipad2 owners will also upgrade to 64G if i'm lucky:D
    Goodluck, update us on your shipping notices!

----------

go for it!! I need the 32G heheh

----------

I think thats what I'm going to do!

14. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I went from 32gb to 64gb. I never realized when I bought my iPad 1 I'd put so many films on it. I also have about 7GB of apps.

15. ne0star macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have gone for the 32gb from owning a 16gb iPad 1. I tend to upgrade every other generation so I don't think 16gb will be enough to last me a couple of years.

16. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

17. SeniorGato1 macrumors regular

I went from 16 to 32 a few weeks after getting the iPad 2. Now I'm doing it right with 64.

HD apps, HD movies and using the ipad to process more photos and movies will certainly eat up more space than before.

There's also a cost benefit. Vs the 16gb model, $100 will get you 32 GB(double cap) and $200 more will get you 64gb (quadruple)

18. aypues macrumors regular

ya I have a 16gb iPad1 and Ive had to clear it out once or twice to save room. I upgraded to 32 gb for this new one.

19. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep