Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I always purchase the previous iPhone model when the new one drops. When the XS came out, I got a used 256GB iPhone X with AppleCare+ for around $600. This would've cost around $1500 brand new. As a bonus, when the screen cracked, it only cost me $99 for the AppleCare+ deductible and they sent me a brand new replacement. I plan on doing the same with the 11 Pro this year when the 12 comes out. Prices should drop even harder since there is a design change.

Reactions: Obi-WannaDraw

Obi-WannaDraw

Suspended
Sep 9, 2020
South, East and West of You
I’m not going used, and I usually get the newest every year. But I usually go low end with small storage to save money. This year I’m doing it different. I just upgraded my iPhone 11 to the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Took Verizon up on an offer of $200 off Pro models, saved $614 on it with promo and trade in. So basically got an 11 Pro Max 256gb for $635 before taxes.

Reactions: max2

fitcious

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
I’m on this boat. Always buy use from a member on here- this would be the third year. I don’t mind one year older tech if I can save some money. Use the money saved for Apple stocks! Lol

Reactions: Obi-WannaDraw

Cfoust8

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2017
I'm waiting on the discounted Iphone 11 pro once the iPhone is announced. Does anyone think Apple will discontinue the iPhone 11 pro model?

fitcious

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
I'm waiting on the discounted Iphone 11 pro once the iPhone is announced. Does anyone think Apple will discontinue the iPhone 11 pro model?

I think they might discontinue it since there will be a 12 mini and the current SE for price
Point. They dropped the watch series 5, so I would think they might do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.