Carrier Who is waiting in line at their local carrier store on Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nikster0029, Sep 9, 2016.

1. nikster0029 Contributor

nikster0029

Cause I am!!!! :) SO HAPPY.. But seriously, why couldn't I reserve the phone to be picked up in a local apple store this year?

2. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I have never waited in line before but do carrier stores even have the device on launch day. I thought they would only order them for you since all the stock goes to pre orders first. I honestly don't know for sure just thought that's how it goes.

3. unclefarkus macrumors member

which one are you trying to get? i remember when the gold one came out and no stores near me had that one and i lived in a decent sized city at the time. if you're going for jet black i imagine you'll need to be first or second in line... and still be super lucky.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

They do but it's usually very limited. If there is a specific size, color and storage space you want and won't accept anything else I wouldn't wait at a carrier store.

5. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

6. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I will be going to one of my local Sprint stores. I made the mistake of switching from my 6 plus to a Note 7. Because of the recall, Sprint told me that I could trade my Note 7 in for the new iPhone but only in store and no preorder. So I'm hoping I can go early and come out with a black, jet black, or silver 7 plus (I'd prefer silver, I'll take the regular black, not counting on seeing any jet black). Lesson learned on Samsung. It's not a bad phone really but I miss my iPhone so the recall actually helped me. Otherwise I'd be stuck with the Note 7 for at least another year.

7. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I'm in the same boat exactly. I don't really care about color, so I just want to get my new phone before the 30th, when they won't take the Note 7 back.

8. Slowpc macrumors regular

Slowpc

I will be waiting at my local carrier stores on launch day to see what they have available. Prob start early as quiet normally in my city but have a few corporate stores to check nearby.

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Do you have multiple versions you are willing to get? If you go in there saying you want a 7+ 128GB black but they only have a 128GB silver, or 32GB black, will you get that instead?

10. Slowpc macrumors regular

Slowpc

Since I am on Tmobile and have JOD with no current promos going on , if they have a color available that I am not super interested in I will grab that one and play with it until stock goes back up on a color or size and get that. I only upgrade during this season every year so should not have any problem with that choice. (My 64 is not even at 32GB used so even a 32 could be used for a bit)