Who is waiting to see the iPhone 6 in person before deciding on size?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 4, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I always order the minute they are released usually online but don't think I'll be doing that this time. I want to see just how BIG the 5.5" feels in my hand.

I wonder if by doing this it'll bite me in the butt and I'll be backed up weeks and weeks trying to buy one, hopefully not.

2. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Correct you are sir.

3. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

Waiting? Then you can wait until the end of the year because they'll be sold out.

4. recoil80 macrumors 68000

You can do that and you have 14 days to return it to Apple if you find out that you don't like the size.
    I'll go to an AS as soon as they are out and hold the phone in my hand, then I'll make my decision. Of course I'll miss day one, but I don't care I want to be sure I pick up the right model

5. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Not me. I already know what size I want. 5.5" is too big for me.

6. TheAnvil macrumors regular

Pss. This is how you do it, this is of course assuming both are released at the same time:

Buy both, and use them for two weeks. Then return the one you don't like.

7. Lachhh macrumors regular

Nah, not me. My 2 year contract is up end of October, so I'll choose from whatever new iPhone is available at the time.

Not really pumped for the new iPhone anyway, if I'm honest so I couldn't care less. The iWatch on the other hand...

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I was convinced I wanted the 5.5" model (if it does get announced) but I go to a lot of concerts and I do enjoy taking a few pictures here and there (though I try to practice proper concert etiquette and I limit how often I take my phone out), and a month ago during Arcade Fire the guy next to me had this massive phone taking picture/recording video and I just remember thinking to myself I didn't want to be that guy.

A larger screen phone just reminds me of those times I would see people recording video at shows/events with an iPad and thats sort of made me realize I don't need to have a phone that large

9. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

4.7 is a no brainer... instant order.

5.5 questions on size can be answered instantly by holding a Note 3 up to their face, feeling like an idiot, blocking the sun and realizing the 4.7 makes more sense.

10. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

i have an iPhone 5s and i bought my 5s in the of march month of 2014. so right now not any plan for going with iPhone 6. but if in future i go, i would like to go with 4.7" iPhone 6.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would say fewer than "everyone".

Most will order sight unseen. Waiting will equal more waiting.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, sorry not everyone.

I'm going to probably order it. I say probably, because the price point is what's stopping me. I want a larger iPhone but if apple is going to charge a king's ransom, then I'll pass.

13. A5BlackEd macrumors newbie

I'll be getting the smaller one as soon as I can. Don't need the bigger screen size, can use iPad if I do!

14. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

15. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I'd have to pay at least 1500 euro (almost 2000$).
    I can just wait, chose what I think is the right model and if I'm not satisfied with that I can return it and go for the other one

16. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

this.

17. Dave245 macrumors 601

I'll be really tempted by the 5.5" i will wait and see what Apple show off and see how much difference there is between the 4.7" as long as it doesn't cost more than £900 i will get the 5.5" probably.

18. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Very surprised at this answer. Based on the gazillion postings here, there are lots of folks that are ready to preorder - meaning they will not wait to see the phone in person.

Personally, I think I like the current size of my phone and think alot of people are going to be surprised on the numbers that will stick with their current phone.

19. iBanker macrumors regular

Preordering the 4.7" but will check out the 5.5" though I don't see myself going for it as it's rumored to be bigger than the Note which is too big for me.

20. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Pretty sure I am going with the 4.7".

But for a few reasons I'm not 100%.

1) Will the 5.5" have better specs? I understand the display will be larger and of a higher resolution, and the battery will be larger. My main concern is a better Camera, more ram, processor.

2)Price - I will not pay an arm and a leg for a larger iPhone.

3)Availability - Not waiting until December for a 5.5".

I prefer a 4.7" size for better single handed use and "pocketability". To be honest it still surprises me Apple is releasing a 5.5"

So if the 4.7" and 5.5" are identical except for the larger display and bigger battery. I will be going with the 4.7"

21. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Go big or go home. Pre-ordering the 5.5" :D

I've been wanting a big screen and big battery for a long time. Not to mention, I will finally have an iPhone that isn't identical to all the teenage girls running around my town.

:apple:

22. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

If they are the same as far as internals and functionality, I'm going with the 4.7". If the 5.5" is better in some big way(ha pun intended), then I might have to reconsider.

23. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I am going with the 4,7". It will have the almost the same size as the HTC One M8, and that is a very tall phone. I don't want to go even bigger. The 5,5" model seems to have big bezels, and that will make it even taller and bigger.

I believe that 4,7" is the sweet spot and provides portability combined with a nice big screen. For everything else I can use my Macs...

24. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Going to the Apple Store and looking at them first will most likely result in you waiting 4-6 weeks for the phone you want.

Just pre-order the 4.7", then return it if you don't like it when comparing to the big one. At least of you have the smaller one already you want have to wait to order it.