Who isn't jumping ship?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eleer, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Eleer macrumors newbie

Eleer

iPhone 5 mania is here and it's exciting for a lot of people. However, I wasn't pulled into the iP5 hype and was frankly somewhat disappointed. (Mainly because of the stale OS, though still very capable.) How many of you are skipping iP5 and waiting it out for "The Next Big Thing" from Apple? (If it ever gets here)

2. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I'm not interested n the iPhone 5 due o the lightning connector and iTunes 10.7 not running on PPC.

3. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Understandable. If you like your tech from the 90's, iPhone 5 is NOT where it's at.

4. MacJones macrumors 6502

Looks like you'll be stuck with a pre-iPhone 5 device for the rest of time if you don't like lightning. There's no going back now.

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

So you don't like change. Got it. Problem is that there will never be another version of OS X, iTunes, etc that will run on PPC, and Apple won't be going back to the 30-pin connector on the iPhone now.

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'm skipping 5

iOS is stale - but my 4S is Jailbroken. So very satisfied with it right now.

I'm saving my money for the iPad mini instead.

7. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Might as well start now and experience the amazingness of iPhone 5

8. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

Well i don't own any tech from the 90s your sarcasm notwithstanding. Since the first intel Mac didn't come out until 2006, my tech is less than 10 years old.

----------

I fail to see the "amazingness" of he iphone 5. I will stick to my 4s, and ios5.1 thank you very much.

----------

It's not change in general I dislike, but change for the sake of change.

9. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Like other long-term Apple users in this forum, I don't believe that iOS will ever see a major update. Look at OS X, Apple has not changed the general appearance, feel and composition of its flagship operating system for many many years. The same will hold true for iOS. We will see improvements, but not a completely new UI.

And honestly, you won't see much changing in Android either. Once the Android skins that LG, Samsung etc... are refined and implemented, you won't see much variation there either. So it's kind of unnecessary to kick this dead horse.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I'm keeping my 4S. My 4S was my first iPhone, so ill be upgrading with the S models. Ill be ready for the 5S next year, but I'm going to enjoy having a 30 pin connector iPhone for another year :)

The 5 is great. Room mate has one. Gave it a test last night. If it were next year, I would get it. But I don't think the 5 is enough of an upgrade from the 4S for me to go through the process of selling my 4S and paying extra for a phone that does what mine does with a bigger screen and thinner form. Every 2 years seems to be the best route to really get wowed by the iPhone each time. The 5 is amazing but next to the 4S it doesn't seem incredible enough for me to switch. I am excited for my next upgrade though.