Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beMaC

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Yes he did say it, but he doesn't mean the actual handset, he is referring to iOS. He mentions its nearly 6 years old and is basically the same since it was released in 2007.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Heinz is basically saying what he needs to say to make waves in the press and keep people thinking, even tangentially, about the Z10 and BBOS10. Even though most objective reviewers have panned the Z10 as being an "okay" phone with an "okay" OS, but by and large just catches up with the state of smartphones as they were in 2012.

So basically... he's accusing iOS of doing everything that the BB10 is doing currently... not innovating.

----------

Yes he did say it, but he doesn't mean the actual handset, he is referring to iOS. He mentions its nearly 6 years old and is basically the same since it was released in 2007.

The problem is, it isn't basically the same thing as it was in 2007. Anyone who's really used iOS in that time frame could tell that. A 2007 iPhone running iPhone OS 1.0 (or 2.x or 3.x for that matter) has markedly less features and functionally, and is far less evolved, than an iOS 5 or iOS6 device.

By contrast, if you put a 2007-era Blackberry curve 8310 alongside a Blackberry Curve 9315 (which was released January 3, 2013, and is still on sale today) it is, in all respects, the same thing.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Sour grapes from Blackberry, since they've basically been circling the drain for the past 24 months. Magical Thinking that says "If I tell the world that I'm relevant, then it must be so." Except it's not. :rolleyes:

beMaC

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Heinz is basically saying what he needs to say to make waves in the press and keep people thinking, even tangentially, about the Z10 and BBOS10. Even though most objective reviewers have panned the Z10 as being an "okay" phone with an "okay" OS, but by and large just catches up with the state of smartphones as they were in 2012.

So basically... he's accusing iOS of doing everything that the BB10 is doing currently... not innovating.

----------

The problem is, it isn't basically the same thing as it was in 2007. Anyone who's really used iOS in that time frame could tell that. A 2007 iPhone running iPhone OS 1.0 (or 2.x or 3.x for that matter) has markedly less features and functionally, and is far less evolved, than an iOS 5 or iOS6 device.

By contrast, if you put a 2007-era Blackberry curve 8310 alongside a Blackberry Curve 9315 (which was released January 3, 2013, and is still on sale today) it is, in all respects, the same thing.

I totally agree with you there, but look I'm just saying what the CEO had said in his statement

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.