who knows me

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
i just want to judge my popularity on this forum...if you've seen my posts around here let me know.

i always wonder....because aside from the few main prolific posters i tend to recognize the same people posting...i just want to know if they recognize me :D

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
You get kudos in my book for bravery.

I've often had the same question in my mind, but I think that having "Who knows idea_hamster" get sent to the archives with two posts (my first and my bump!) would be just too much for my fragile ego to bear... :D

As they say, if you don't want the answer....

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Everyone loves me. I'm the most popular member in the forum.

You know why?

Because I have the greatest avatar that have ever graced the viewers' screens!

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
oldschool said:
i just want to judge my popularity on this forum...if you've seen my posts around here let me know.

i always wonder....because aside from the few main prolific posters i tend to recognize the same people posting...i just want to know if they recognize me :D
Strangely enough I remember neither the avatar nor the name...I tend to remember most with a tar. But my memory is like that of a senile goldfish, so..uhm.. Hm.. Your avatar looks like part of a classic portrait to me, and I can never tell the difference between those. Maybe that's why.

Edit: Errr... that's no classic portrait. Think it's time for a 04am nap.

Raven VII said:
I can't help but chuckle ever time I see it :D

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Raven VII said:
Everyone loves me. I'm the most popular member in the forum.

You know why?

Yea, right...:rolleyes: ;)

I don't recognize the name, but I do recognize avatars, especially yours, because Old School is one of the top 3 movies ever... :D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Sorry, don't know where you live and haven't seen your face -- so I can't say I can recognize you.

But if you've run naked across a sports arena in the past few years, I've probably seen you on the news.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I do! I do! You're Frank the Tank!

Ok, that's your Avatar. I've read your posts though and recognize the name. If that is knowing then I do. Either way, I enjoy your posts, keep up the good work.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I recognize both your avatar and your name very well. If you gave me your name, I could describe your 'tar. If you gave me your tar, I could give your name.

On the same note... I do wonder if people recognize my 'tar or name.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
oldschool said:

yeah i have seen you around... on macrumors that is..
:p

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I have seen the name and the 'tar.

Maybe it is the threads that you and I are in, but the likes of those that have posted here are more "familiar" to me than you are. Not a bad thing, just different. There there are people like stubeef and igary that hold special places in my heart (and so many others) for even deeper personal reasons.

And there are those that by name or 'tar that I generally give passing glances at (have yet "banned" a MR member from my viewing of threads).

To be honest, I sometimes wonder if my nick and 'tar are passed by. Sort of akin of being unpopular. For I know that I post a lot. Sometimes my views don't mesh with the main stream.

In the end I have found that when I wanted/needed to hear from the members here on Mac and personal matters - they were there. Places like MR are the new "Town Halls" or the the "corner store" IMO.

For me that is the reason that I decided that I would contribute to MR as soon as they gave the ability to. Sure, I could have chosen to keep posting without cost. But that costs money for MR. The Mac support is well worth the cost IMO. The sense of community is what makes the value even better.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I kinda prefer slipping by unnoticed

To be honest, you're kinda like Canada. No offense, we know you're there, but don't really think about you too much. Sorry.

Come play in the Political Forum, then we'll get to know you real well. *insert evil laugh*

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
solvs said:
To be honest, you're kinda like Canada. No offense, we know you're there, but don't really think about you too much.
Duff-Man says....heheheheheheh....what a great analogy....probably sums up about 99% of the USA's thoughts about my country....good stuff....oh, and to stay on topic - yeah, I have noticed the avatar many times...I may not have been able to put the name to it but I certainly would recognaze it as a "regular" around here.....oh yeah!

wrc fan

macrumors 65816
i recognize your name and avatar, but I always think that your avatar belongs to someone else. I don't know why. It's interesting just how much one gets connected with their avatar... that's why I'm afraid to change mine... I'm sure nobody knows my name, but perhaps a few recognize my avatar...

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
thanks for all the posts everybody..i had no idea how a thread like this would play out.

and thanks for not wastelanding me after two posts. NostraDAWGus wasn't so prophetic after all was he? :D

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
oldschool said:
thanks for all the posts everybody..i had no idea how a thread like this would play out.

and thanks for not wastelanding me after two posts. NostraDAWGus wasn't so prophetic after all was he? :D
I stand corrected...

*walks to corner, circles around twice and settles down to pout with nose to the corner*

Woof, Woof - Dawg

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Wow what a bizarre thread. I don't like this whole "Wasteland ethic" this is a freespeech forum isn't it? And like, the threads don't waste space.. if people don't reply then they just get lost. Wastelanding them isn't fair.

However,....... How popular am I thread?! haha :p

Um.. i'd seen you around oldschool.