Who makes the best skin? 3 Zagg's in a row discolored!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deafgoose, Dec 2, 2011.

1. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

I am tired of buying Zagg Invisible Shield skins because they discolor so quickly. This is a major problem when installed on a white iPhone.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I've always had great luck with BSE (Best Skins Ever). I've used them numerous times on my original, 3G, and Nexus One. I haven't gotten one for my 4 or 4S though. I've just been using the cheap ones that come with cases and I've actually been pretty happy with them. The trick is in the application.

3. deafgoose thread starter macrumors regular

deafgoose

By now, I have the application down pat!

I even installed the Invisible Shield on my Macbook Air so I am a pro at it now.

4. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

The BSE is pretty similar to an Invisible Shield, just about 1/3 the price. I've never had one get discolored, and their customer service is excellent.

I hear a lot of people around here rave about Power Support Crystal, but I've never used or seen one.

5. deafgoose thread starter macrumors regular

deafgoose

I just placed an order for the BSE full body.

If the quality is the same as Zagg, I will be satisfied because I can afford to change it every few months at those prices!

Thanks!

6. safarime macrumors newbie

I hope everything works out for you and you like this but... From experience any product applied with watery soap or some sort of liquid will ventually turn yellow not to mention that fact that your are using a liquid on a device that does not like liquids. :)

I for one would have suggested you go with the SGP full body protector, the front and back protectors stick on good without liquids and i have to see one yet turn yellow.

Good luck.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Best doesn't really mean anything without qualification. What are your criteria? Is yellowing your only concern? What about texture, feel, crystal versus matte/antiglare/antifingerprint? Budget?

Best is always highly subjective. If you want recommendations then clarify what you're looking for. If we all agreed on a single screen protector as best then we' all be using the very same screen protector. If you'll bother to look at the existing screen protector threads then you'll quickly see that's not the case.

Irrelevant. The amount of liquid needed to install wet install screen protectors is just enough to adjust the protector during the application process. If you're water damaging your device during install then you're doing it wrong.

There are certainly reasons why a person could prefer screen protector such as the IS or BSE whether you like them or not (see above).

That said, I can't see the BSE being any different. It's the same material, IIRC.

I have experienced yellowing with the IS on many devices. I have not experienced it with SGP or PS, FWIW.

8. safarime macrumors newbie

I know it is irrelevant that was not my whole post buddy just my opinion, but hey since the expert has arrived... i am out.

9. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502