Who managed to secure a 16Gb iPhone 3G from O2 this morning???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beast, Jul 7, 2008.

1. beast macrumors member

I think everyone is wondering where all the 16gbs have gone.....
    i have an order confirmation for one.... anyone else????

2. danielforman macrumors regular

That's right rub it in:D. I'm still trying to get through the upgrade process. Being trying for the last 4 hours.

3. mkaiser1 macrumors member

By 'order confirmation' do you mean an email that reads:

"Dear XXX,

Thanks for placing your new order. We're just currently processing your request and we'll be in touch shortly to let you if it's been accepted and when it will be dispatched.

Your order number is: XXX"

4. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I have a printed order confirmation from the web site and 2 confirmation emails. There is a pending transaction on my credit card for £159 so I'm ** hoping ** I've secured my 16gb for delivery on Friday.

God I hope this is gonna happen.

5. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

My order status says "In Progress" and I have had three emails from O2, none of which have actually confirmed the order though. Existing non-iPhone O2 customer here.

6. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Same here - though waiting on my (pointless) 3rd email. I expect we won't know until we get a txt or email on Thursday!

Have they debited your bank or credit card account yet? (if you don't mind me asking!)

7. beast thread starter macrumors member

i've had a number of emails from O2 and when i track my order it just says "in progress"..... i'm guessing that the delay in O2 providing an "actual" order confirmation is probably due to a massive backlog of credit checks...
    anyway.... i'm going to be glued to my front door waiting to the DHL man on Friday :D

8. barryallott macrumors member

ordered from 02 before

Having ordered from o2 many times before I know that your order will sit in processing until they ship it out. this is usually in the early evening (6pm-7pm) of the night before your delivery. In this case I wouldnt think you will get an e-mail saying its on its way until thurs night. Then you NEED to be in for del really. Some del companies will come back in the evening to deliver but most will take it back to the main office, you can pick it up but if not you will have to get it delivered again.

9. GreatOldOne macrumors member

I got mine - I managed to upgrade this morning before the O2 servers did an impression if Chernobyl.

I've got an order confirmation number, and the follow up email. Haven't checked if money has been taken yet.

As my order was taken and complete by 08:22, I'd like to think it was a done deal. :)

10. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

How do check for any pending payments? I've checked online and nothing as yet. Guess I'll have to give my bank a call.

11. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I paid by CapOne visa and on there account management site you can see your cleared transactions and any pending ones. There is a pending debit of £159 from when the order went through at 9:28 this morning.

I don't know if they collect the payment only when the package ships or if it will complete later today.

Maybe your card issuer does not have this facility online? The CS people should have access to it though.

12. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Nope, don't think it does. I paid by HSBC Mastercard. Can't seem to find a Pending payments section.

13. retrospek macrumors 6502a

retrospek

Well I think I've ordered one.. I'm now on the 3rd email from O2 about my order ..

Just hope it arrives on the 11th !

14. Ori macrumors 6502

Ok,

Now that I have it confirmed that I am NOT getting an IPHONE 3G despite me pre-regestering and despite me logging on and filling in the online forms no less that 15 times! I have well and truely given up. I will call up o2 when I get off work and give them hell.
    I have no options though. I can't terminate my contract, I can't move to another network. There is nothing I can do!!!!! The only thing I can do is moan which will do me no good at all will it?

I also wonder what will happen if my current Iphone got lost!! There are no replacements so the £7.50 a month I am paying is useless! They haven't got any NEW 2G phones as they aren't made anymore and they won't have any 3G in stock either!! So why am I paying for a premium service? The premium service guarantees you a new phone...not a refurb.....new!

15. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

What confirmation have you had that you are NOT getting the phone?

16. bobbba macrumors regular

How do you "know" that they don't have any new 2G phones? I'd expect them to keep a healthy stock for replacements for sometime...

17. madmanuk Guest

I have an order number, and website says order is in progress, but I have had no emails so far...

18. Ori macrumors 6502

No email confirmation. No order confirmation. Can't upgrade in store.

I originally bought my phone from carphone warehouse. I have been told by o2 that the only place to upgrade is online and carphone warehouse cannot upgrade your phone. I presume that is true. Shocking really.

19. mvp2206 macrumors regular

mvp2206

I am in the same situation. Have my confirmation and is saying "In Progress" but have not had an email. Fingers crossed they will come through later on this evening! I think the most important thing is that we have an order number!

20. jdcgeovani macrumors newbie

You should be able to still upgrade, as iphone is only on o2, even though you bought it at Carphone Warehouse it would have transfered you to o2. I bought mine at the carphone warehouse and i upgraded through the o2 website, after making the order online i got two emails today in the second one it says this:

"Re: Order Number on-xxxxxxxxx

If you've not ordered a new handset, this email is simply to tell you that your upgrade has been processed and your O2 service will continue uninterrupted.

If you have ordered a new handset, your order has been passed to our warehouse for processing. We'll let you know shortly when it will be dispatched.

You can check on the progress of your order by visiting www.o2.co.uk/trackyourorder

Thanks for choosing to stay with O2.

Regards,

O2 Customer Service

Please note that this email has been sent to you from an unmonitored email account so we will not be able to respond to any replies to it. If you need more help, please visit our online Help Centre at www.o2.co.uk/help

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX."

So i assume that the order went through......i dont think the "in progress" on some people's account will change until the item is despatch as with most orders online.

dg