Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey all.

I've been reading a lot about issues of sleepless nights, clicking nightmares (when it doesn't register your click), etc. But it seems to me that I haven't had any such issues with my unibody unit yet?:confused:

Anyways. If you're one of the lucky ones (like me) please chime in, and tell the world that yours is actually fine. And I mean really that you have no such issues. No sleep issue, no clicking issues. Nada. No other issues whatsoever. (And I mean like it works exactly like it was supposed to. Please don't start a keyboard debacle here. Nor a glossy vs matte one):D

:apple:

iczer34

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2008
Hey all.

I've been reading a lot about issues of sleepless nights, clicking nightmares (when it doesn't register your click), etc. But it seems to me that I haven't had any such issues with my unibody unit yet?:confused:

Anyways. If you're one of the lucky ones (like me) please chime in, and tell the world that yours is actually fine. And I mean really that you have no such issues. No sleep issue, no clicking issues. Nada. No other issues whatsoever. (And I mean like it works exactly like it was supposed to. Please don't start a keyboard debacle here. Nor a glossy vs matte one):D

:apple:

LOL, you're one in a trillion.

ivan98

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007

like most, i've been tracking the new unibodies since launch. noted the issues raised but made the plunge with an online order (CTO) on night of 17/11. pick up from freighter morning of 22/11 (to save 2 days of warehouse sitting).

no dead pixels, battery cover is rock solid, no alu blemishes, no sleep issues, keys normals, express/34 slot ok, wifi normal, touchpad ok after firmware upgrade....

all in all, prefect.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
LOL, you're one in a trillion.

I can't be. By virtue of there only being 6billion+ people in the world, and a significantly smaller number having unibody MBPs, then we don't have enough data for a trillion-based sample.:D

dirkph

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
Mine's been absolutely flawless and I've had it for about a month. Although I am switching from a Dell Inspiron so my standards have been bastardized.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Apart from what appears to be a slight aberration on the touchpad, everything looks good.

Ampidire

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
WA
Apart from the initial issues with the trackpad, which were fixed with the firmware update (and even before were a non-issue to me, my clicks aren't mission critical...), mine is perfect, none of the mentioned defects, no slanted keys, no weird dents or nicks, no bulges, no black blots in my ports (still trying to figure this one out...?), ... I feel like I'm forgetting something... oh, and normal keyboard wear, normal battery latch, no dead pixels, sleep works normally, no issues with wifi reception, express/34 slot is normal, etc...

Did I mention I take this to and from school twice a day and all over my house and to friends places for LAN parties and such? All I have is a semi-ill-fitting sleeve for it that was meant for the last-gen MBP's that I shove in my Dakine Heli Pro backpack. Got my eye on a Vyper M3 though.

So yeah, I have a base model too, which I'll be upgrading to 4GB and 320GB 7200RPM for my birthday (dec 9th)/christmas.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
alphaod! You got a unibody? What happened to your 17" HR Penryn?

Computer case warped, computer was wobbly, store accused me of mishap, I explained babied computer to customer relations, depot fixed my computer, got computer back not working at all, customer relations arranged exchanged, found exchange was lower spec model, store manager gave me refund to a gift card, got new computer, still have $575 on the gift card.

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
eeekk.spilt coffee on MBP SR last week, in the middle of claiming from the household insurance. Was going to get it repaired- most keys don't work, trackpad becoming funky, DVD finebrushes are 'not', backlit keys don't or get a new MBP. Are the issues that bad? I know stupid question, or more like a lazy question.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Computer case warped, computer was wobbly, store accused me of mishap, I explained babied computer to customer relations, depot fixed my computer, got computer back not working at all, customer relations arranged exchanged, found exchange was lower spec model, store manager gave me refund to a gift card, got new computer, still have $575 on the gift card.

My deepest condolences:(

*Raises hand*

Mine's Ferpect! :cool: :apple:
smiley2.gif
ecstatic.gif

So is your spelling:D

CrownSeven

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
Mine was perfect until I removed the battery cover to see what was underneath. After putting it back on, the cover became loose - which was easily fixed using the methods posted on this forum.

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Perf!

Mine's perf, too. In fact you could say it's too perfect. Maybe I should exchange it. I'm sick of everyone complaining but me; and I do so enjoy a good whinge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.