Who of you actually has a perfect MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Nov 24, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey all.

I've been reading a lot about issues of sleepless nights, clicking nightmares (when it doesn't register your click), etc. But it seems to me that I haven't had any such issues with my unibody unit yet?:confused:

Anyways. If you're one of the lucky ones (like me) please chime in, and tell the world that yours is actually fine. And I mean really that you have no such issues. No sleep issue, no clicking issues. Nada. No other issues whatsoever. (And I mean like it works exactly like it was supposed to. Please don't start a keyboard debacle here. Nor a glossy vs matte one):D

:apple:

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Mine's perfect. No issues with glare and I prefer the keyboard.

3. iczer34 macrumors newbie

LOL, you're one in a trillion.

4. ivan98 macrumors newbie

like most, i've been tracking the new unibodies since launch. noted the issues raised but made the plunge with an online order (CTO) on night of 17/11. pick up from freighter morning of 22/11 (to save 2 days of warehouse sitting).

no dead pixels, battery cover is rock solid, no alu blemishes, no sleep issues, keys normals, express/34 slot ok, wifi normal, touchpad ok after firmware upgrade....

all in all, prefect.

5. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

I can't be. By virtue of there only being 6billion+ people in the world, and a significantly smaller number having unibody MBPs, then we don't have enough data for a trillion-based sample.:D

6. dirkph macrumors member

Mine's been absolutely flawless and I've had it for about a month. Although I am switching from a Dell Inspiron so my standards have been bastardized.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Apart from what appears to be a slight aberration on the touchpad, everything looks good.

8. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

alphaod! You got a unibody? What happened to your 17" HR Penryn?

9. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

Apart from the initial issues with the trackpad, which were fixed with the firmware update (and even before were a non-issue to me, my clicks aren't mission critical...), mine is perfect, none of the mentioned defects, no slanted keys, no weird dents or nicks, no bulges, no black blots in my ports (still trying to figure this one out...?), ... I feel like I'm forgetting something... oh, and normal keyboard wear, normal battery latch, no dead pixels, sleep works normally, no issues with wifi reception, express/34 slot is normal, etc...

Did I mention I take this to and from school twice a day and all over my house and to friends places for LAN parties and such? All I have is a semi-ill-fitting sleeve for it that was meant for the last-gen MBP's that I shove in my Dakine Heli Pro backpack. Got my eye on a Vyper M3 though.

So yeah, I have a base model too, which I'll be upgrading to 4GB and 320GB 7200RPM for my birthday (dec 9th)/christmas.

10. Warelin macrumors newbie

11. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

12. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

13. JayKay321 macrumors member

14. macgrl macrumors 65816

Mine is perfect. It is my first ever mac and I love it :)

15. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I've got a bit of a jumping cursor issue when hooked up to an external montior, mouse and keyboard. But otherwise, perfect.

16. delude macrumors 6502

17. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

It seems all unibody MBPs have this problem, so it's something that has to be taken as given. Hopefully Apple will fix the bug, and the machines will truly be "perfect".

18. FCDP macrumors regular

Perfectro, no issues... aside from that odd external display issue that comes and goes...

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Computer case warped, computer was wobbly, store accused me of mishap, I explained babied computer to customer relations, depot fixed my computer, got computer back not working at all, customer relations arranged exchanged, found exchange was lower spec model, store manager gave me refund to a gift card, got new computer, still have $575 on the gift card.

20. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

eeekk.spilt coffee on MBP SR last week, in the middle of claiming from the household insurance. Was going to get it repaired- most keys don't work, trackpad becoming funky, DVD finebrushes are 'not', backlit keys don't or get a new MBP. Are the issues that bad? I know stupid question, or more like a lazy question.

21. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

My deepest condolences:(

So is your spelling:D

22. CrownSeven macrumors member

Mine was perfect until I removed the battery cover to see what was underneath. After putting it back on, the cover became loose - which was easily fixed using the methods posted on this forum.

23. Elzlaik macrumors regular

Perf!

Mine's perf, too. In fact you could say it's too perfect. Maybe I should exchange it. I'm sick of everyone complaining but me; and I do so enjoy a good whinge.

24. RasaFrasa macrumors member