Who ordered a 16g iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macness, Sep 18, 2012.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

I preordered a 16g iPhone 5 and now I'm worried that it won't be enough :|

2. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

I went with a 16gb and feel fine about it. I use iTunes match and Photostream which keeps me good to go :) Dont keep a bunch of apps on my phone that I dont use either.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

It will be more enough for most people.

Who here has any idea if it will be enough for you.

And who here cares that you wasted our time with your silly post?

4. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

I bought the 16g because I'm broke and that's all I could afford.

I had the 4 and after the initial shock of getting the iPhone on Verizon and downloading every app, I got over it and deleted most of them. I only kept the apps I use almost everyday, so buy buy Crackle it was.

Most of the videos I take are my family members getting drunk and acting stupid so I usually delete those the morning after, so yeah...

16g is plenty for me...

5. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

The only problem with photostream is that you can't add videos from your Mac to it for later viewing. The only way to do it is through iTunes which would take up storage. How are you liking iTunes match? Does it work well for music not purchased through iTunes? And is it only music or does it work for movies too?

6. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Ive had a 16gb for the last 3 years. Its all about what works for you. I just put playlists and dont use it for movies, so my current 4 isnt even 1/2 full.

7. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

...and I don't buy music because I keep it real and old school and listen to Pandora on wifi...

8. ginwrak macrumors member

ordered at 16GB myself. Like others I don't carry songs or movies on my phone.

9. JJJosh41 macrumors regular

With so many audio and video streaming apps (pandora, hulu, netflix...) there was no reason for me to get anything larger than the 16. I have a 32 right now and I don't even use half.

10. walkman macrumors member

I got the iPad 3 with 64 GB and regretted paying the extra money -- that made me realize I only need 16 GB on my phone.

If it had only been $50 more like Samsung I would have got the 32GB.

11. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

16GB for me, because I rely on the cloud for most of my stuff. I don't really care to keep my music locally, but I do keep a couple songs on there just in case I want to listen to something without a decent 3G/4G connection.

12. applefan022 macrumors 6502

use spotify for music. I'll never buy another song on iTunes.

13. nostresshere macrumors 68030

14. madlib macrumors member

this! had a 32gb 4, then got a 16gb 4s, don't even notice a difference.

15. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I had always gotten 16's because I never had a lot of music, or obsessive amounts of apps, etc. But my 4 started to fill up quick anyway. It's not as much space as u think. Photos getting bigger, etc. When I ordered my 4S I got 32 and will NEVER go back to 16. I realized that would constantly worry about filling up the 16, but never knew it until I got the 32. (if that makes sense). 32 is a perfect choice for me. And I guess if u don't mind managing ur apps, music, and photos 16 will work. But trust me, 32 feels so much better and totally worth the $100.

16. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

17. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

do any of you guys getting a 32g or 64g have a laptop or macbook? because i think that will be used as my main media device

18. Nilla Wafer macrumors newbie

Ordered the 16g as well. At first I was worried it wouldn't be enough, but I don't download tons of music or worthless apps so I feel better about the purchase as time goes on. If in two years I need more space, I'll get the iPhone 6 or 6s or whatever it will be. :)

19. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

I ordered one I'm giving it a try because half of the apps on my 32gig 4s I basically hardly ever use. And I know I have 30 days to exchange it for another 32 gig if I need to

20. volntitan macrumors 6502

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I haven't ordered mine yet because thought I would see if I could "stumble" upon one (yeah...right). I've have my sights set on a 32gb because that is what I have now, but even though I do have a lot of stuff on my phone, a lot of it is junk pictures and such. So wondering if maybe a 16gb would be plenty enough if I streamline things. I don't use the photo stream or iCloud the way it is meant to be.

21. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Lol I ordered a 16gig white, but at first I told the rep I wanted 32gig. I couldn't make up my mind. Near the end of the order, I changed my mind again and said I wanted a 16gig. On my last 32gig iphone, I never filled it up. I had a ton of songs on there I didn't listen to also the same with wallpapers and apps.

This time I will keep it cleaned up.

22. MioPomo macrumors member

Barely using half of my 16GB now, but I have hardly any music on it.

23. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

So heres a question...I preordered from apple a 32gb black. What if I now want a 16gb black?

24. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

I've ordered a 16gig option and not regretting that decision at all. All my music library is located in iTunes Match, moreover I don't keep apps that I don't actually use, it's still a phone for me after all. My media oriented device is 32gig iPad so I don't see the point of a larger space for iPhone.

25. LYFK macrumors regular

Currently own a 32GB iP4. Because I am on Fido, the reservation system limited customers to 16GB. I didn't want to wait in line at the Apple store so I just went ahead and reserved one.

I spent the rest of the day figuring out how to get my 28GB down to something more manageable, like 12 or 14. Considering my music is 12GB, and my photos were 5GB, and all my junk apps put together were maybe 2GB, it turns out not to be as hard as I thought.

Photostream archiving helps a lot, but I'm a bit worried about iTunes Match. It's not that I think it's not useful. I just wonder how easy it will be to navigate my 111GB library on my phone in order to decide what to dl/stream.

On the plus side, the money I save by going to a 16GB will pay for 3 years worth of iTunes Match. So really, I'm not too worried about it.