Who remembers two years ago that many people were saying that the iPhone was reaching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Mar 7, 2015.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

a limit towards features? Like people thought the camera couldn't really get better and that being higher than 8MP would make no sense even if the lens were bigger and also no one EVER thought that the iPhone would have a finger print scanner and when there were rumors people were saying how on earth would Apple include such feature when it would take 5 seconds to read your fingers and lack of space too? But Apple did an excellent job for having touch ID and it works instantly while also being very accurate and same with the iPhone 6 Plus...no one ever thought that Apple was going to release two different iPhone with large screens. Also Apple Pay....A feature that is changing the way people buy things. Another thing some people thought would be a failure. NFC done right. NFC was a failure before Apple began putting it on the iPhone with their personal touch.

Apple is just beginning...They have MANY features/surprises left to add to the iPhone.
    Enough for at least 8 more years of innovation. After that...it will just be minor updates but they still have surprises left. Touch ID/Apple Pay/Plus was not something people expected. :)

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."

Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of US patent office, circa 1899

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like thread topic names are just partial run-on sentences.

----------

Also things like TouchID and ApplePay have been expected by quite a few for some time. Perhaps not their exact implementation and/or how successful/good it might be, but the general features themselves were expected by those who follow along.

4. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Apple just adds enough features to keep the customers coming back. The 6 for example, they couldve easily added more ram but as we know, they will use it on the S version.

We might even see a totally new camera for the S as well.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

…and yet I seem to be entirely comfortable with my iPhone 5.

No Touch ID, no 64bit, no Apple Pay, no bigger screen. And I hate iOS 7/8. I was much happier with iOS 6.

Glad you think all this is great. I could care less.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Maybe it's just me, but Apple pay STILL isn't supported by any of the three different banks and credit unions that I use.

I beg to differ. NFC has a so many different uses that Apple(so far) isn't even offering. A friend of mine has a NFC chip implanted into his hand that he can use to unlock his phone. He's got another in his car that when he swipes his phone near the NFC tag, his phone turns BT on, connects to his stereo and launches his music app. You could have another NFC tag that you swiped when you arrived home that enabled WiFi and disabled cellular data. There are so many potential uses that Apple just doesn't offer right now.

7. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

8 MP is already too much for the current sensor. I find it really noisy in low light. Much more so than my five year old point and shoot. I wish it was 5 MP and cleaner.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

You've obviously never watched the Jetsons or took the time to think about what we had in the tech world in the 80's vs. today.

9. businezguy macrumors 6502

"There is nothing new under the sun."

David, King of Israel

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It's just you, and your banks. There's a nice long list of credit unions and banks supporting Apple Pay here.

FWIW, all of the above could be done with Bluetooth LE, which has existed on iPhone models for years now. And swiping isn't even required: proximity within a few feet is enough with Bluetooth LE. I can unlock my Mac simply by tapping on my locked iPhone, for example.

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Considering how many different banks are out there, that is a pretty short list.

You can unlock your Mac with your phone, but it doesn't work the other way around. I'm simply pointing out that NFC has many uses beyond contactless payments. I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish these tasks, but Apple doesn't let you do most of them on the iPhone.

12. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Looks like a Freudian slip.
    If you "could care less" it means that it is possible that you could care less about this. Therefore it says absolutely nothing about how much you actually care - only that you care about it since it is possible that you could care less.