Who should you vote for?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mgargan1, Jan 10, 2012.

1. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

2. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Perry, Gingrich, Huntsman in that order. Sadly that is woefully off as I find all three to be far too socially conservative.

My problem (and this is a very common position I find) is that Obama is MUCH MUCH too fiscally undisciplined and is perpetuating a welfare (and/or nanny) state. But the Republicans are too hell bent on legislating morality. So I'm left trying to decide which is worse.

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

1. Huntsman
    2. Obama
    3. Perry

3 out of 11 on each.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

That quiz was a joke. All it showed me was how much I don't think like any of those candidates (big surprise:rolleyes:). Obama did substantially better than all those republicans, but he still lagged a lot behind "me."

Bleh. Politics.

Oh and it gave me:

1. Obama
    2. Huntsman
    3. Paul

:rolleyes:

5. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

Ha. For me it was:
    Paul
    Gingrich
    Obama

Safe to say they don't know me well. Yeah, I'd really go for Gingrich over Obama (or Paul for that matter). But really when they're trying to force you accept one of any number of unacceptable positions, it's not going to reflect where you actually stand on the issues. I picked "none of the above" on most things. I gather Ron Paul and I agree on Afghanistan, but probably for very different reasons.

6. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Ron Paul (69%), Rick Perry (53%), Newt Gingirch (45%).

As expected.

-t

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I didn't like any answer for the gay marriage question - was hoping to see something along the lines of "Repeal DOMA and legalize gay marriage on a federal level"

Obama
    Gingrich
    Paul

What a joke that is though. I'd vote for a rabid raccoon with a feces throwing and eating chimpanzee for a running mate before voting for Gingrich or Paul.

8. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

LOL, you already stated that you'd vote for Obama first ;) :p

-t

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Reply of the day, if not week or month. :D

10. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

11. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Obama is still the only candidate who even comes close. I'll cop to being a little disappointed by that.

That bothered me too, and still does, but in a different way, once I realized that it wasn't like a standard loaded poll. In this case it only shows up that way because that is the entire range of responses available from current candidates. Every single one of the currently available candidates for President has, to a greater or lesser degree, enough of a problem with gay people that he can't just flatly stand up for laws that treat gay Americans like any other citizen. The law must repress gay people in some fashion. They merely quibble as to how.

It is depressing and appalling that at this late date we don't have even one candidate to whom this situation is ethically unacceptable.

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Obama, Paul, Perry. (with poor agreement... 6/11, 3/11, 2/11 respectively).

Some of these questions, honestly, are along the lines of, "Would you prefer to be raped or have your legs cut off?" Erm, well, that actually pretty much sums up the political environment in the United States, so yeah, I guess I can't fault them on that.

13. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Put an classified ad up where you are, vote for whoever pays you the most.

14. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

obama, then (distant) huntsman and paul.
    no surprises there.
    huntsman is the only one of the republicans who i would even remotely consider voting for.

15. ericrwalker, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

EDIT: Decent poll because it does weigh questions the way you want. Caution, some Obama supporters may find they don't agree with Obama with this type of test.

What I don't like about these little test are that they weigh all questions equally. Personally I might agree with a liberal on a few social issues, but I don't weigh that heavily since I don't think it's as important as our economy and national security.

I don't feel most social issues are the role of our federal government. That goes for right and left wing social issues, as I am not gay or a minority, or a bible thumper.

16. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

On this particular site/test, you can weight each question as to whether it is more or less important to you.

17. imahawki macrumors 6502a

They don't weight the questions equally, that's why there's a slider for each "area" before you start.

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

In that case I will have to do the test. I thought this was the same test my brother sent me the other day.

----------

1. Gingrich
    2. Perry
    3. Paul

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The questions are way too vague for me.

4. Not vote

20. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

LOL, so you didn't get the desired outcome? Was hoping for Obama to be in your top 3?

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Not at all. I looked at the issues on the left side and decided they were too vague so I didn't answer any questions.

22. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Fair enough. The TOPICS on the left are just topics, the questions are a little more in dept....though there are only a small number of questions overall.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

LOL. I knew Obama would be my first answer, but followed by...Bachmann and Gingrich?!?

Obama scored 7 of 11, the others just one each.

BTW, did anybody else find the questions skewed toward the moderate/conservative side?

24. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

-Obama: 4 issues
    -Huntsman: 3 issues
    -Bachmann: 2 issues.

Far too vague of a quiz, especially since I have no intention of voting democrat this upcoming election. (It'll also be my first election voting! :D)