Who still has a 4/4s and still find it fine?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theapplefanboyj, Sep 6, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

I do, but I've got an iPod touch which does most of the heavy lifting. What about you guys?

2. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

While I personally have a 5, many of my friends are still rocking either a 4 or 4s (though many more 4s than 4) and have no problem with them.

3. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

My wife still uses her 4s. Does not plan to upgrade.

4. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

5. stevemiller macrumors 68000

waiting to see the 6 in person, read some reviews, etc before making a decision.

but either way, i'd more be upgrading because i'm a gadget geek than because the 4S can't cut it. i remember at release it got flak for being a lazy update to the 4; but like the iPhone 3gs and iPad 2, its a great value from a longevity standpoint. and it still looks gorgeous imo :)

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My dad still has the 4S and is completely fine with it. But then again all he does is talk, text, and use maybe 1 app.

7. mhdena macrumors 6502

The majority of iphone users are on 4, 4s, or 5. Only those who insist on getting a new phone every year are in here.

Its amazing how many NORMAL PEOPLE are satisfied with 4, 4s or 5.

8. blcfla macrumors regular

same here. she doesn't want anything bigger.

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I have a 4... It is most certainty is not fine.

10. sammy-boy macrumors regular

My wife has a 4S and loves it, just the right size for her. I have to admit I rather like that size and form factor - though my iPhone 5 is also just right sizewise/portability wise. :cool:

11. 0007776 Suspended

I just replaced my 4 a couple weeks ago since it was dieing from water damage. But other than issues related directly to the water damage it was still fine.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I know a lot of people who still use the 4 series and are fine. My mother has a 3Gs. Not everyone needs the latest state-of-the-art devices.

13. andrunious macrumors member

i have been on iphone 5 since it came out, had every iphone before it. iphone 5 died and now i'm lucky i saved my 4s from before. it works just fine. obviously a little slower but still fine. it is weird having the smaller screen when watching videos. i do notice a lag on certain updated apps but nothing crazy

14. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I have the 4.
    I regret getting it everyday.

I did an insurance claim yesterday so I should be getting a new one my Monday. (Not sure what I'm getting because the 16GB 4 & 4S have been discontinued almost a year)

:rolleyes:

15. Neal.Evan macrumors newbie

I still have the 4S released from 3 years ago.. no problems whatsoever!

16. blarivee macrumors 6502

You might get a refurb unit, places like Gazelle buys from users, sell to insurance companies for replacements :p

17. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Quite possible.
    I don't know, they didn't specify. I'll know what it is when it gets here.

18. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

It might be an older iphone trying to hoax you.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think I could handle an iphone 4 or 4S.
    At least an iphone 5 would be the lowest I would stay if I didn't go to an iphone 6.
    The screen size and LTE makes a huge difference.

20. dazed macrumors 6502a

I use a 4 and have no issues. I will be getting a 6 eventually but will wait for reviews as well as a later production batch (I don't buy v1.0 tech)

21. Strax macrumors member

My daughter and I are both currently using the 4 but once the 6 comes out I plan on looking into upgrade options since we'll be left behind on the OS update. I actually have no problem with my 4 but I think it's best to update so that we're compatible with the app updates that will follow.

22. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Got rid of my 4S recently in anticipation for iPhone 6.

I guess I'm a power user in the sense I do a lot of multitasking. And I've found all apps seem to reload every time I switch back to them.

For example writing an email, I may pull up something from a website in safari and maybe interact with someone on iMessage or WhatsApp. These sort of things are quite arduous.

Guess it shows the hardware limitations.

23. FilthyMcNasty macrumors member

Late adopter of a 4S - bought a brand new one on Thursday. :D

I came from a Touch 4th generation and Lumia 520.

Thought long and hard about whether to buy one - I hate making bad decisions and feeling buyers remorse - but after watching a few videos comparing the 4S in use to a 5S and 5C.. decided to sell both the above and buy the 4S.

Love the thing!

Obv not as snappy as the 5/5C/5S, but is faster than what I'm used to, and for general use as per videos watched it wasn't a night and day difference.

Buying the older generation makes this amazing piece of hardware affordable to me in the UK, starting with a smaller budget. And I figure, it worked in 2011 - and cost twice the price then - it does the same stuff now. Just shut your eyes and pretend it's 2011.. heh.. :cool:

Prefer the form factor and build to later models IMO the construction quality is exceptional for a consumer device. Couldn't entertain a 5C for these reasons. :rolleyes:

I will say that the Lumia is shocking value for money, and complaints are more of the Apple way of doing things than the device being dated. So some things are a bit meh, even compared to the £50 Lumia 520. The Windows OS desktop is light years ahead of the iPhones. IOS feels antiquated by comparison, and some things are a bit convoluted and less intuitive than Windows.. so WATCH IT Apple you have some serious competition there..

But alas, none of the music apps I use on IOS... (this is my main use of the device) are written for Android or Windows Phone OS.. so I'm trapped within the Apple Walled Garden.. and bought the best device I could afford heh...

I think Apple owners generally, seem willing to overlook a few weaknesses for the overall lush experience, and no other device puts pro grade music creation tools in pocket.. :cool:

So yeah, using a 4S it's great... :D

24. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

My work hone is an 8GB iPhone 4. I've had it for two years and it still works fine.

25. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

Why didn't you wait for the 5c?