iPad Who still has the AT&T unlimited iPad Plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2013.

?

Do you have the AT&T unlimited data plan for your iPad?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2013.
  1. Yes, I have the unlimited data plan

30 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, I have a limited plan

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Zeos macrumors 6502

Just wondering what percentage of people on the forum still have the original AT&T unlimited plans for their iPad. I keep hearing "just a handful" in the media, but I wonder what the real percentage is...

2. rkuo macrumors 6502a

I originally had two plans on two iPads, but I don't use enough data enough to justify it.

I ended up giving one to my mom. As a backup internet device, it works wonders and is easily worth the 30 bucks a month just to not have to do tech support right away if her internet goes down.

I ended up selling the other one on craigslist. Now I'm wondering if I should have kept it to give to some other old person in the family that needs internet.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

4. Zeos thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I killed mine about a year ago since my use was so low. Still never go over 2 GB, but the "feel" off being unlimited was nice. I think the trend is that unlimited users are diminishing so AT&T isn't worried about. Based on posting on the iPhone forum, it seems there are a lot more iPhone unlimited users, which AT&T does throttle.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Had it for a long time but never used more than 2gb due to having wifi where ever I go most the time. Was a waste of money.

6. dsampley macrumors regular

dsampley

I still have mine which I continue to use on a regular basis each month.

7. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

I'm holding onto mine. Even at&t's horribly overloaded LTE network here hasn't convinced me to leave.

8. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

I've still got mine. It great for when I travel. I don't have to pay for hotel wifi.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I hope you sold that unlimited for very good money.

10. aypues macrumors regular

lovin unlimited

yeah, have unlimited here too. When I heard they were going to take it away that's when I decided I better go ahead and buy an iPad. I use it for work all the time showing property to clients and accessing my desktop from the field. I usually go over 2 GB. For awhile I was streaming radio from Europe and that got me up to 5-6GB/mo...no problem, no throttling whatsoever. I love that I never need wifi...especially at hotels where they charge for crappy wifi speeds.

11. kevink2 macrumors 65816

Last month was the first month I ever went over 2GB on my unlimited plan :(

4.9GB. On vacation at a hotel with unusable wi-fi in my room.

12. shaown macrumors regular

I have it - but just took our family plan over to Verizon (3 phones). Debating whether to sell the ATT - and add my next ipad to my VZ acccount. (That would let me bump up the data on the share plan a LOT).
    -Shaown

13. RevTEG macrumors 6502

RevTEG

The wife and I still have AT&T unlimited on our iPads since iPad 1. No plans to discontinue as long as AT&T keeps letting us transfer it to new gen iPads.

14. Lumpy05 macrumors member

Sold my unlimited plan sim last year around this time for serious bucks. It had been transferred to 3rd gen ipad and was an unlimited LTE plan. For the money the unlimited sim sold for I can pay for MANY months of our ATT family share plan. We have 8GB family plan with 3 iphones and 2 ipads and typically use in the 2GB-3GB range.

15. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I have 2 now, will be selling one off, and keeping the other..

16. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I wish AT&T would let us just pay for 10GB for example, then take as long as we want to use it. With the way I'd use cellular data on the iPad, this would last me a year or more since I have WiFi most places. I only need cel data to fill in the gaps here and there, and when traveling. Paying $20+ a month is completely not worth it.

Sure, I could activate only when I travel, but that still leaves those little gaps I occasionally have when I'm local. They should come up with a plan for people in my situation, I bet there's lots of us.

17. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

I've got it and I've also still got my iPad OG that I bought it with. And it's a god send especially because my school apartments don't offer any internet options. Which I still can't comprehend because it's 2013...

18. kmd606 macrumors newbie

Hello. Have you already sold the second iPad unlimited data plan?

19. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

Still have the original iPad 1 with unlimited data. We just purchased the iPad air and will try tomorrow to transfer over the data plan. I think it has been a waste of money as my wife never uses more than a few hundred meg a month. You just want to keep it as you just never know when you might need 50 gigs of data one month :)

20. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

Still have it here too. Won't get rid of it. On Sundays if I'm out, or playing softball I use it for NFL Sunday Ticket.

21. w00tini macrumors 6502a

still have mine.

we have to view this as a long term investment. imagine the data we will be pulling down in just a few years. heck, I'm already 4+ GB every month. wait until we can download movies over cellular (which will happen at some point)

22. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I didn't know there was an option for unlimited data on the iPad. I do have unlimited on my iPhone which an AT&T rep told me is coveted because they don't offer it anymore. The downside is I can't tether with it. I'd have to give up my unlimited data on my phone in order to have tethering. Sorry for going off topic but I didn't know the iPad had an unlimited plan.

23. kevink2 macrumors 65816

There was an unlimited plan for a couple months after the original iPad came out before ATT stopped offering it.

24. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

I have it...still using an iPad 3...considering moving to the new Air.

25. Nextel000 macrumors newbie

I still have it and just moved it over to my new iPad Air. I'm glad I still have this plan!!!!!