Who still uses an iPod in addition to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roc P., Sep 13, 2012.

?

Do you still use an iPod in addition to your iPhone?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  1. Roc P. macrumors regular

I own an iPhone 4S and an iPod Touch (4th Gen) and use both daily.

Anyone here also still use an iPod in addition to their iPhone?

Just wondering what others on this board think/do.

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I do. I have my 4S which I only use for my Rdio app to stream music. I have my 4th Gen iPod touch 64GB which stores all my downloaded music and podcasts. It can be a PITA to remember both devices (sometimes I'll only grab my iPhone), but I'm fine with owning both devices since I use them everyday.

3. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

I don't currently, but found my old 5th generation iPod the other day (first one to run videos). I'm thinking of repairing the screen with replacement bits off ebay, finding the old dock I had for it and use it permanently attached to my HiFi system as a cheaper alternative to using airplay or having to hook my iphone up everytime.

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I am shocked at how many people use their iPhone as their primary source of music- at least on these boards.

I have an iPod that basically lives in my glove box that I use for music in the car. I've had that set up for years, and plan on continuing that way for a while. I keep music on my iPhone, but it's for when I'm taking a walk, etc. The real iPod in my car holds my whole library and works with my head unit.

5. Ben C. macrumors member

Ben C.

Definitely... still using the iPod Classic.
    Until they come out with a 200GB iPhone, I'll still be 'needing' the separate capacity the iPod provides.

6. tann macrumors 68000

I have a 4S but tempted to get a nano or new touch. Mainly just to have but would be nice to have a secondary device.

7. RenoG macrumors 65816

Yes, I have a Classic in the home connected to the stereo (my music server) and a ipod video that is permanently connected in the car. I use them both constantly as they both play major roles in serving my music needs...My phone is only used for Pandora and a hand full of mp3's while at work.

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Yep, I use an iPod Touch in the car so that I can have my phone free to use without turning off the music. I also have a nano on a dock in the bathroom and a mini (for nostalgia's sake) on a dock on my bedside table.

9. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

No. It defeats the purpose of having an iphone.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yes, but not everyday, it's more when I'm traveling and want to preserve life on my phone and have more room on my iPod than I do on my phone.

11. Roc P. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies so far everyone! Glad to see some others do this as well!

I don't have bluetooth in my car and I don't like having my iPhone attached to wires while I drive, unless it's the earphones during a call.

I also get more battery life and storage out of my iPhone by using my iPod Touch for listening to music while I drive etc.

I think iPod's RULE and love owning one! I am thinking of saving up to get the new 5th Gen iPod Touch. I cant upgrade my phone atm because I am not due for an upgrade and cant afford it. If I could afford it though I would just get an iPhone 5 and a 5th Gen iPod Touch.

12. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That makes...no sense at all. Does having a 32" TV in my room defeat the purpose of having a 42" tv in my living room?

13. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I have a ipod touch docked on my bose SoundDock, a pod nano for my running / exercise, and use my iphone 4 in my BMW center console that is integrated for ipod/iphones.

14. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I have a 6th gen iPod nano that's small and with a clip to use while working out and running. I prefer the small size and I don't have to wear it on my arm.

15. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Yes, I use an iPod nano in addition to my iPhone.

16. farawaybrothers macrumors member

One of the main reasons I got a 4S is because I was using my iPod more than the crappy android I had, and I was sick of always having two devices in my pocket.
    But now I don't use my iPod anymore, all of my stuff is in one device and that is my phone.

17. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

My 4s has been dropped a bit and will now randomly do "volume UP" when it feels like it.

it is quite annoying riding along on the bike, and then getting deafened because it decides to volume up on me at random.

So i've started playing music on my ipod nano.

18. JoeMoomin, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

JoeMoomin macrumors newbie

I use a 160gb classic. It's always there with me - my 16gb iPhone just couldn't hold all my music!

EDIT: Forgot to say, I currently use an iPhone 4 16gb

19. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I use an old iPod Mini in my iHome clock radio dock and a shuffle for working out.

20. Roc P. thread starter macrumors regular

I can understand that and why it works for you. Glad to hear your opinions in addition to others as to why some people prefer 1 device over two.

21. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

Your logic is flawed.

22. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, the 64 is going to be closer, but with Apps, pictures, mail, etc I'll need a 128 before I can truly only use one device, and even the for long trips (i.e the 12 hours x2 of domestic flying I did last week) it's just not going to work only using my phone.

23. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I have two 80gb classics a 4gb nano and a 64bg iPhone 4s. I use one classic in my car and it says connected all day. I use my other classic for my 2 home theater docking systems. The nano I use at home incase I just got a new cd I want to put on really quick and not have to worry about updating a playlists.
    My phone I use at the gym,mowing the lawn,airplanes.... Etc. I'm the type that likes to have a divice for every function. I don't want to get a text message while my phone is docked on my home theater playing through my house....and now I need to back downstatis to reply to the text.
    Plus I have about 77gbs of music on my classics that my phone just can't hold.
    I also don't want my iPhone connected in my car and now I hear text messages and emails and notifications through my speakers as a song is playing.... I'm just anal that way.

24. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm currently scouring Craigslist for an iPod Classic. iTunes Match helps in the meantime with my shuffling of music.

25. x&y macrumors member

I have a 16gb iPhone 4 and a 120gb iPod Classic.

There is no way an iPhone could cater for my music needs. Not even a 64gb iPhone.

Plenty more life left in the iPod Classic for people with a large music collection.