Who talked to AT&T and got a full upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wutang61, Sep 13, 2012.

?

Called At&t and

1. called. they said FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

51.4%
  2. was able to get a Credit for the $250

14.8%
  3. Got some sort of credit or offer but still early upgrading.

14.8%
  4. Butthurt. came here to rage that you are "entilted" to getting a upgrade every year.

19.0%
  1. wutang61 macrumors regular

Who was able to talk AT&T into giving you an upgrade? i got them to give me a 250 dollar Credit effectively making it a full upgrade. i did this without getting angry or threatening to cancel service.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

explain steps? id love to know.

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Spoke with someone minutes ago. She said unless someone knows a high-up in the chain AT&T member they are lying if they got their date BUMPED. She said the system will absolutely NOT let them bump dates if it's not at the time of purchase. The only exception to getting a bumped date anyway (as of now) is to tell them your phone was lost or stolen and they'd bump your date but NOT to an iPhone.

I got this last year. I explained how it'd be cheaper to cancel and go somewhere else. I said, I'm not making threats, I'm just doing what's cheapest and the best deal for me. That was enough but you might encounter the following. "Well their coverage may not--" I get great coverage. "Well you will lose unlimit--" Don't really need unlimited data.

And don't even try to explain it to them, just say, I'd like to talk to someone about canceling my service. They'll transfer you. Don't mention anything about upgrades or iPhones unitl you're with the right rep. Then say (something to the extent of) cellular service is so expensive nowadays and I did some adding and found the most practical and cheapest way for me to get the new iPhone (going somewhere else). Then go on and say how you understand that they can't bump you. They'll work something out.

And I was definitely not rude, just to the point.

4. wutang61 thread starter macrumors regular

honestly I cant give you steps i was just lucky enough to get a nice lady on the phone and i explained the situation. she HAPPILY credited my account.

i was literally shocked how polite she was.

5. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

Proof or it didn't happen :)

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

will call from work tonight since i have nothing else to do but wait for pre-orders

7. james92se macrumors 6502a

I think he's the guy who already posted the screenshot earlier in another thread of the $250 credit on his account

8. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Identical thing happened with me last year on my account. Verbatim....
    Congrats.

9. wutang61 thread starter macrumors regular

Gladly

Attached Files:

10. SHAWNYMAC macrumors member

my upgrade wasn't until may 2013 spoke to them and i will be pre ordering tomorrow morning...

11. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

You probably did speak to them. And you probably will be ordering tomorrow. But your date didn't get bumped if you already owned an iPhone.

12. saleemyas3 macrumors regular

Called. They seemed like they were going to do something. Then they hung up on me. 4 different times.

13. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I was talking to someone through their chat and he said they can't do that and it was misinformation. Well obviously someone got that deal, I think it just depends on the rep.

14. wutang61 thread starter macrumors regular

this much is true. there is almost zero way for them to bump the upgrade. the lady i spoke to tried this first but her manager said NO. then i think she just went ahead and wrote some BS on my account and had a credit awarded instead.

----------

it depends ENTIRELY. i spoke to 4 or 5 others that were flat out rude. between yesterday and first try today bam.

15. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

Now that's awesome.. Any chance you are a multi bundle customer, what they would consider a premium customer for having a service bill like 300 plus?

I can see them doing that with no issue..really cool congrats!

16. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

They credited me $250 last year and at that time my bills were only around $77/month.

17. Radiating macrumors 65816

So pretty much it's possible but, it will take talking to potentially dozens of CSRs and having the rep potential make up a reason to help you out.

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm out of contract, so none of the poll choices are applicable.

19. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I have a line with 6 phones. I just transferred 3 of the phones in to my account. The first bill was very confusing and was about $80 more than I expected. I did a chat to ask what the deal was. I hadn't been able to view the bill detail yet. I explained what I had done and that I wasn't able to put all the lines on my mobile share right away because it's not something you can manage online yet. I also got a S3 last week to try out before the iPhone came out, so there was a $36 activation on my bill. The guy proceeded to give me credits for all the miscellaneous charges, including the activation, for a total of $90. It seems like they can give credits for just about anything. And as the poster a couple up mentioned, I am part of a large FAN account with premier or whatever they call it. I also have 6 lines on my account now and have been a customer since 1999.

20. frostbit3 macrumors member

I've spoken to them about 5 times today, twice on online chat to no avail. They basically told me "Have fun with Sprint". I'm eligible November 8th and my ETF is only $150, so it would be cheaper for me to cancel the line and add another to get the iPhone. I really don't want to do that but I just may...

21. wutang61 thread starter macrumors regular

the entire thread isnt applicable. why would you call and ask for a full upgrade exactly?

22. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Got the name of that rep? :p

I just cba to call so many times when I have another line I can upgrade swap with.

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I wouldn't :p

That said I might call anyways and ask for a credit.

24. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Ha, yeah ya are, but not for a discount.

25. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm on the phone right now... will update this thread w/ play by play details.