who thinks apple is just lazy to create drivers for the mass market

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by techguy101, Sep 16, 2008.

1. techguy101 macrumors newbie

THIS IS A FACT...
    MACS are only stable because they are using on proprietary hardware....

example.. apple only supports a couple graphics cards like 8800gt(which i have kicks ass in crysis)/HD2600/HD2400/etc.... only probably a total of 8 tops....

(kinda biase)windows on the other hand supports a range... imo apple would die on the mass market coding for different manufacturers

not a pc fanboy but this ticks me off because you fanboys don't frecken understand

the ultimate OS imo is linux... and when ppl complain for microsoft stealing ****... its the same with apple.... you should compare their interface

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I think supporting a few more build to order options would help marketshare greatly.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

? just because MS whores itself out to anyone that will take it (driver wise) doesnt mean apple has to.

And WTF are you talking about with the linux interface? OSX is based mostly off of NEXT's work which i beleive was made to look the way it does because thats what jobs wanted.

Do you rant without reason all the time?

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I don't know if you understand this or not but microsoft doesn't make the drivers ATI, NVIDIA etc. do. Yes we do understand and if you did a search you would then see how many people actually care. I'm one of them.

Second Microsoft doesn't code for different manufacturers they only make one version. The Manufacturers have to support Microsoft.

5. techguy101 thread starter macrumors newbie

techguy 172 is right

Techguy 172 you are right

but what i mean is that you can't be monopoly of your own hardware and set prices to whatever you want

i wanted a macbook like a couple months ago but it the price is ridiculous!!!!!!

edit

the next point is that i think apple should try to code for mass market so that they can see the difficulty

btw this is my last post

byebye

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i hate to tell you this but apple doesn't have a monopoly on laptops...not sure where you got that idea...its a free country they can charge whatever they want for their products

7. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

That's the trade off with apple they have no "REAL" Competitors using the same os, therefore they set the prices.

I know sometimes it really sucks but in the end I still prefer apple.