Who thinks Apple Store will sell out of the base 13" mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seven7seven, Jun 8, 2009.

1. seven7seven macrumors regular

It seems like the best of both worlds and like it is going to be EXTREMELY popular.
    I am trying to get it in a week or so and I am hoping the Apple store will have it.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I think the majority of Mac buyers have no idea of the update.

4. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Yea, looks like a very good price/features product.

I'll probably get one this winter.

5. pufftissue macrumors regular

If people realized that they could swap the ram and hard drive for at least 50% less than what Apple charges, and realize that the processor speed is completely overblown and is never felt, they would realize that the base model is all that they need now that the base model has: the 7 hr battery and the great screen and the backlit keyboard.

For someone like me, there is no need to fall for the upsell anymore. I am surprised that Apple allowed the $1199 macbook to have all the features that matter.

I for one think that with the education pricing and the back to school promo, this could be the biggest selling laptop ever for them.

Now if they could just come to their senses and realize that matte screens just work better.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Not to start another holy war, but "Customers love glossy displays".

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The story of this conference was a big thing all over where I saw. Most focused on the iPhone, but the Mac stuff was in there. In fact, in one I saw the lead was about the first Mac price cut since the beginning of the recession.

I also bet most computer buyers on average don't know of most upgrades until they start shopping. Most hardware changes for any manufacturers are pretty boring and not much to write about.

8. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I absofreakinglutely love what they have done with the bottom spec 13" MBP.

Firewire? Check
    Backlit keyboard? check
    Crappy screen gone? check

I'm getting it soon. I just need to confirm the new screen is actually high quality. Need to see it in person.

9. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

+1

10. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

+2

I don't know how people can order one sight unseen. I need to see it in person, or at least see some reviews of the thing before I buy it.

11. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

but those screens arnt glossy. they are glassy, or reflective. like old mbps with glossy were like semi-gloss, and the new ones are like high gloss but way worse.

12. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I see what you mean. I've just compared my plastic MB and Alu iMac side-by-side (both screens off) and the reflection is a bit brighter on the iMac.

However, it doesn't bother me at all. I actually prefer the way it is on the iMac.