Who thinks Hillary will be indicted?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, May 31, 2016.

?

Will Hillary Clinton be indicted before the Democratic National Convention?

1. Yes

21.6%
  2. No

78.4%
  1. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

I think it would be the story of the century, former first lady, senator, secretary of state, and the Democratic Party's presumptive nominee indicted on federal charges.

As much as I'd like to see that happen, and as much as I believe the evidence warrants it, I don't think it will ever happen. Some people are power brokers, above the law it seems. I'm sure whoever was put in charge of this case at the FBI was a known friend of the DNC and told to whitewash the final report.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I will be very surprised if she gets indicted. I voted No.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Doubt it. However, the FBI will indict or more of her factotums.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

6. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

"Factotums", had to look that one up. I think that maybe likely, but then they'd roll on Hillary.

7. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

No, but if she ever gets to the White House she'll be impeached.

The irony...because Nixon.

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

What's your basis for that point?

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Doubtful. Establishment don't roast their own. It impacts the larger game and system they don't want changed.

I wish, but it's unlikely.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

How did that whole impeachment thing work out on a Clinton before?

11. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Absolutely. No doubt whatsoever.

When she is, I fully expect Obama to pardon her, in a similar manner that Ford pardoned Nixon, for "all offenses against the US which he has committed or may have committed or taken part in between the dates of...blah, blah, blah"

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

It became a historical fact and a source of shame; in this case, for the shameless.

13. Gutwrench, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016

Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

No, I don't think she wil.

A story bigger than dropping the bombs in Japan, 9-11, Pearl Harbor, Abraham, John, Robert, or Martin's assassination, landing on the moon, the holocaust, Nixon's resignation, women's right to vote, Munich massacre, 1980 US Hockey team, or even the Carolina Panthers winning losing Super Bowl 50?

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not really. Bill poll numbers were really good still during those days, and still are. If anything, it made Republicans look bad.

15. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

In Hillary Clinton's warped world, crime pays. Secretly admired by less wealthy career criminals across the USA, she is held in high esteem for her power, personal gains and skill at avoiding consequences. Her ability to dupe her supporters into believing she's got their best interest in mind, shes on the cusp of her biggest heist yet.

Indicted... Surely you jest

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sounds like you should be making movies instead of posting here. Seriously, that's some good stuff! I would totally see that movie. The Heist: White House

17. lowendlinux, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

She won't because her name is Clinton after all

18. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Actually, the head of the FBI, James Comey was an Assistant AG under Bush 43 and has a reputation of being fair to both sides of the aisle. Now whether or not the DOJ acts on any recommendation from the FBI is where the politics will happen.

But I do not see an indictment form the DOJ. But if the FBI recommends indicting and the DOJ doesn't, I see a report being leaked form the FBI laying out the case.

But there is one angle that could lead to an indictment. Obama is all about his legacy and Hillary is much more a centrist that he is. The thought is that a Hillary presidency would be an Obama 3rd term is one I don't agree with. She will want to make her own mark and create her own legacy. Bernie would be an Obama 3rd term.

So maybe if it looks like Bernie has some momentum going into the convention, Obama may press for an indictment to help ensure his legacy.

19. bent christian, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Nope. She will be our next president.

Republicans showed us they have no interest in the presidency this cycle by nominating Donald Trump. It still makes me giggle a bit inside.

Hillary's term as president will be a continuation of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama's Third-Way politics, that is to say weak centrism favoring neoliberalism. She will most likely travel to the Right of our current center-Right president. The election of Bernard Sanders would be a polar shift. Something the country desperately needs. Sadly, I don't most are ready to make the hard choices. They will go with what they know and elect Hillary Clinton.

20. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I really don't think Obama will have the chance to. By the time there is a trial and she is convicted of anything he will be out of office.

21. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

As long as she is registered as a Democrat I doubt it.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, if only all our politicians were saints like the Republicans.

23. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Not saying Republicans are any better on the criminal side of things....just that the D next to her name is like a force field of protection.

24. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Ford pardoned Nixon for cimes he never went to trial for. Presidents traditionally give pardons at the end of there term, you can bet the Hillary's name would be at the top of that list if she were under indictment.

25. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Here is what I don't understand. Many of Hillary's, and Bernie's, supporters are Millennials who grew up on tehcnology.

How can they support a candidate who doesn't even realize that you can have multiple email accounts on a Blackberry?