Who Uses HDR all the time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Oct 11, 2012.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Just wondering if like myself, you all keep HDR on all the time, no matter what?

Yes or no and why??

Also, can anyone suggest any great free photo filter apps out there? I'm starting to take a lot of pics and want to add some cool different filters to my photos. So what app do you use?

2. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

Yes, I keep it on all of the time. I find I get better pictures that way. Not to mention, I take creeper pics of hot guys and sometimes the flash gets me in trouble. HDR ensures that it's always off.

3. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I use it all the time- UNLESS I know I'm going to need to have flash enabled in order to get a decent pic.
    I do it because the HDR pics are often a lot better than the regular photos and I typically delete the one that doesn't look the best.

4. close2reality macrumors 6502

don't ask don't tell flew right out the window on this one..

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

[​IMG]

6. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

It's national coming out day. I'm gay. Deal.

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

this made my day better

8. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Whoa, I didn't know how fast HDR is on the iPhone 5. I always left it off on my iPhone 4, so never turned it on for the 5. Staying always on now.

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I have yet to use it. I find most of the time it hardly makes a difference and if its a shot I care about it mostly gets edited it some fashion anyway

10. sangreal06 macrumors member

I tend to leave it on. Saves a regular copy anyway

11. close2reality macrumors 6502

hey thats fine, i don't judge but with that said you for sure asked for it with that comment...

12. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

It seems much slower on iOS 6. Maybe its the same speed, but I don't know. I know for sure the animation of the shutter closing lags horribly with HDR enabled.

13. RNVarma macrumors regular

I would like to keep HDR on all the time, but I tend to get blurry photos when trying to take them.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

HDR on all the time is an implicit acceptance that the phone is what it is, a point and shoot with zero control over challenges photographers have learned to overcome using the kinds of cameras that come with controls. Things like exposure compensation, spot metering, and yes, even a tripod for the low light static shots; including the ability to open the shutter so that dark scenes are rendered beautifully in the natural dim light similar to what our eyes see.

15. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Yes it is. It's a phone with a camera.
    BUT, what it allows me to do instantly is share moments that happen in everyday life - and special times, too - with people who live far away. And I don't have to be Ansel Adams to do that...

16. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

No, hdr is not for moving objects photo

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

That is a related subject, nothing really to do with my observation. Sympathetic to your comment, people for scores of years and even back when using film own treasured photographs that happen to range from being dim, blown out, improperly framed, slightly out of focus; the photos have deep meaning nonetheless and people are happy to have them.

18. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

What are you talking about?

So because people were happy with crap pictures a hundred years ago, we shouldn't expect better ones now?

It's a camera on a phone, we are all aware of the limitations.

When i'm watching a movie on my phone I don't expect 5.1 surround sound and 1080p like my TV. It is what it is.

19. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I use Camera+. If I want HDR I add it later, being able to choose how strong I want the effect to be. Way better than the official Camera App on the iPhone.

20. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Uh.....

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

I didn't imply that. That is a figment of your own fertile imagination.