Who was really behind Trump’s election meddling? Israel or Russia..?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Jun 5, 2018.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

2. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I thought you guys claimed he's a Nazi sympathizer and a racist? So now he's a Zionist plant?

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

So Israelis, masked as Russians, posted thousands of memes on facebook to sway the US election..

got it

4. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Next month perhaps he will be a Chinese, or Japanese puppet.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Who is "you guys"?

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The DNC should've sued Israel instead of Russia for meddling.

7. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

A lot of the #nevertrump/#resist posters here.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

You're supposed to use the gender neutral "people".

9. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I guess it makes sense, since the Orange Nazi hates Jews so much.

10. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

11. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

We should not conflate attempts to meddle in an election with the results of the election. Because there was meddling does not mean the person who won could not have won without the meddling.

We should also not discount the seriousness of meddling in our elections by any foreign nationals. 2016 was the not first time it happened, and won't be the last time either. It's illegal, and people who get caught should be prosecuted and punished. A bunch of meddlers got away in 1996 just by leaving the country, and some who did it in 2016 doubtless end up skating as well. That doesn't make it legal or trivial either.

Leaving aside the issue of voter suppression, which is a problem in the USA and usually affects turnout of minority votes assumed to be left-leaning, elections can get lost by no-shows. If you didn't show up, your vote was effectively "none of the above" rather than for a candidate listed on the ballot. Well... someone does always win the election. The way I look at that is if you didn't bother to vote then you shouldn't be too quick to holler foul when the election results prove narrowly won and do turn out other than how you (belatedly?) think you would have preferred. I really don't get people complaining about who won if they don't like the winner but didn't bother to show up and help boost the vote for the person who (thus!) became the loser...

And yes... past time to #getoveritalready.

Midterms coming up, time to see if lessons got learned by anybody at least on Congressional races. If we don't like those results and we didn't vote, then definitely need to learn something before 2020. Hopefully it will be something better than how to complain about meddling. I mean I can chew gum and complain about meddling and still get to the polls...

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Will you ever understand? The man has no moral compass other than liking those who pander to him even if the goal is for him to become their puppet. This argument can easily be applied to both Russia and Israel.

13. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

So, basically what you're saying is Trump has no moral compass, no ethical convictions, doesn't give a **** about anything, or anybody but his own fat ass and his family and only panders to whom ever will give him credit/fame to boost his own ego, so he can play god emperor and fill his coffers, using the greatest, most powerful nation on earth?

14. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Well since this is a stylinexpat thread, I'm guessing...Israel :D

15. Zenithal, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018

Zenithal macrumors 604

I read that article and it's not even insinuating Israeli state intelligence had a hand. People are asking why individuals with former ties to Israeli intelligence were hired by Team Trump.

FWIW, if you're Israeli, you serve a number of years in the armed forces. Those who are gifted are taken on in the intelligence wing. So there is no secrecy or ulterior motive if someone has a background in the IDF or the intelligence wing.

Anyway, Israel has nothing to gain by interfering with our elections. Clinton was and is no friend of Palestine. Really, very few politicians actually are. The rest is rhetoric. Israelis know that the majority of Americans support their state. Israel has nothing to gain from Russia. If this was an actual Israeli op, they would have messed up by now because that is their MO. They get too hasty and make mistakes that get noticed.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2018 ---
    Well, everyone here knows his opinions on Israel. Another issue is that the article he linked to is mere opinion by some random guy. Yet some of our members who I very much doubt read the article jumped the gun as if it were a factual editorial and not an opinion piece.

In other words, just another day on MR.

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Yes.

17. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

As a die hard Trump supporter do you really expect me to accept this?

18. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

No, of course not. Some people are blind to reality.

19. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I am not blind to reality, meet me on equal terms.

20. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Sorry, but history will end up judging Trump supporters as idiots, racists, or fools who were sold a bill of goods. I remain completely perplexed by their inability to see that the emperor has no clothes.

21. Admiral, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018

Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

No, we don't all know that. Whatever happened to "accept the result of the election"?

Speaking for myself, I voted for Donald Trump — even though he sucks — because Hillary Clinton is ****. Don't want me to vote for Trump? Don't ask me to accept your corrupt felons. Don't put me in the position of fearing that failing to vote against your candidate might be a fatal error.

Don't put two **** sandwiches down in front of me, one a six-inch half sandwich and the other an overstuffed, rancid footlong, demand I pick one and then accuse me of liking to eat **** because those were the choices.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Well I saw this and thought it was appropriate...

DexMEDAUwAEeSRV.jpg
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2018 ---
    The irony.

23. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Of course it’s the Jews it’s always the Jews. It never gets old.

In that we rule the world, do elections or election meddling really even mean anything?

:rolleyes:

24. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

No matter who leaked the crimes Hillary committed, it was the fact that she had committed those crimes that sank her chances of becoming President.

No matter who leaked that information, and no matter who put out the Memes, it was the American people who did the voting.

Now if either Russia or Israel, or any other country had hacked into our election computers and electronically altered the count of votes, then I have a problem.

We have outside influences in every election. The state I live in is bombarded by advertisements that outright lie to us every few months. Who pays for those advertisements? All the other 49 states.

Why??? Because they want the citizens of my state to vote a certain way so that we will sacrifice our own rights to benefit the big oil companies and politicians who don’t do anything for our state.

Even our local hunting and fishing rights are constantly targeted by people who don’t even live here.

Our citizens have passed laws as to who can push agendas in our state. So they circumvent those laws by funneling money.

Guess what... absolutely none of you complain about that. Why??? Because it benefits YOU.

All the people in the other 49 states get huge benefits by driving up my states cost of living, taking away our rights to obtain survival food, depleting our natural resources (without us getting any benefit from those resources because your states manage to charge us for the privilege of taking it from us).

But hey, it benefits you to publish advertisements of people (actors) who claim to be citizens of our state. Using those fake citizens to try to convince us that it’s our local government that’s holding us back, claiming that the advertisements were paid for by citizens of our state who banded together to fight the local government.

And it’s all a sham. But hey... it benefits 49 other states. So let’s all turn a blind eye.

So some people in another country “might” have influenced your thinking by revealing certain bits of information. Perhaps they said things that made one person look more favorable.

So what. You voted. Your votes were counted. Nobody is claiming that the count was altered after the votes were collected.

So put on your big boy pants (or big girl panties) or whatever you wear. Take the lumps. And get back to living.

There is a whole other part of life far more important than this.

What allegedly happened is what always happens. And guess what, it’s not the first time... it won’t be the last. And we do it to our own states all the time when we have no right to. So get over it.

If you want to see “interference” in elections, then consider that when the United States interferes in other countries, we just go in and blow stuff up, forcibly remove their leader, and put someone we like in power to run the place.

Guess Russia (or whoever) could have done it the American way. Of course, none of you would be complaining then. You would neither have the freedom to make a complaint, or the time to make a complaint. In all probability, you’d be spending your day performing hard labor in a detention camp (assuming you were still alive).

Consider yourself lucky that you got to vote. Consider yourself lucky that they counted your vote.

Consider yourself lucky that you’re alive. If they influenced our election the American way, you’d all be dead.

If you or anybody else is puppet enough to have been influenced in your voting, then consider that your still puppets and doing an amazing job of letting your energy be wasted. It’s all a smokescreen. Don’t look behind the curtain, you might find out what’s really going on. This little game you’re all wrapped up in... that’s just to keep you preoccupied.

Don’t look behind the curtain, you don’t want to know what they’re really working on. Be good puppets. Argue over what they tell you to argue about.