Who will pass up the 3G iphone SOLELY due to the greed of AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by impact_blue, Jun 9, 2008.

?

Who will pass up the 3G iphone SOLELY due to the greed of AT&T?

1. SCREW AT&T! They just ruined a something good!

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Money isn't an issue for me. 3G iphone here I come. Gladly take my money AT&T!

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. impact_blue macrumors regular

I'm still on the fence on this one, but leaning towards passing it up. I wish they still had the EDGE iphones available with the old cheaper plans. Those with the 2.0 software would make me happy.

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

hell if the plans are going to get more expensive then why not god at&t such a huge corporation that has lots of money is just eating our wallets and they dont even have that great service jeez eh me and my friend are just pissed :mad:

3. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

AT&T is far from being greedy on the iPhone. Subsidizing the phone plus providing a rapidly growing 3G network they've been working on in preparation for the iPhone.

Really it does make sense to pay some bit more for faster speeds plus to fund the rapid growth of the AT&T 3G network and to continue to.

Really $10 more for 3G is peanuts plus the future growth of 3G and beyond.

4. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I don't see what the big deal is paying $10 extra a month, you spend that on 2 gallons of gas. I do think at&t should offer a edge only plan for the people without 3G access

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I highly doubt they will INSIST that you pay for the 3G plan. You can still pay for the Edge at $20. Furthermore, much cheaper than other carriers!

6. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

I'm not replacing my iPhone until it stops working.

7. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

Who thinks that 90% of the people complaining about this just don't understand what is going on?

Who thinks that 90% of the people complaining about this don't understand that all of At&t's other PDA/Smartphone data plans are also $30 a month and don't include any texts?

Who thinks that 90% of the people complaining about this don't understand that the iPhone has officially changed categories, and has just been bumped up to a new tier of data plan because of it?

Who thinks that 90% of the people complaining about this don't understand that the $30 charge is not specifically for the 3G speed. All of At&t's PDA/Smartphone plans have been $30 for nothing more than unlimited internet for a quite some time now, and have been REGARDLESS of connection speed.

Who thinks 90% of the people complaining about this fit into each and every estimation made above?

There isn't a single 3G BlackBerry currently released on the At&t network, yet I have been paying $30 a month for my EDGE BlackBerry data plan for a long time...

I think that would make a far better poll personally.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Which cost $200 more which is, gee, very similar to the price difference for the contract over 2 years.

I'm not sure how to answer your poll. I'm probably not buying an iPhone because it's too much money each month, but nothing has changed since the EDGE phone. It works out about the same over 2 years. I didn't have that much money yesterday for the EDGE phone and I don't have that much today for the 3G phone.

So 'yes' to the "too expensive" part, but 'no' to the "do you think it costs too much now" part.