Who wont be buying iPhone 3G because of data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by weemanpow3, Jul 10, 2008.

1. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

I talked to an at&t rep at the store and he said you have to have 3g data plan or the phone wont work and if you cancle the 3G data plan it will turn the iPhone into an iPod. My hoppes were up high for purchasing. I dont have any need for data plan, I can always find wi-fi spots if needing the internet. I guess ill look into the Sony Ericsson Expiria(iPhone Killer).

2. iStefmac macrumors regular

stinks for you. most of us getting it are only doing so BECAUSE of data. Otherwise our current iPhones work fine.

3. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

please don't buy an iPhone 3G if you don't want a data plan

iPhone 3G = multimedia device

just get a RAZR :)

4. rioja macrumors regular

Sounds like you should look for a 1st gen iPhone, wait for the unlock of 2.0 and upgrade to 2.0.

If you have access to wifi, then yea.. you don't need 3G.

5. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Lol.

Killzone?

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Only if you tape a little tiny knife to the side of it and have it stab an iPhone 100 times.

Data plan is required to use the phone. Why would you think you could get the phone without the data plan. If that is what you want, I suggest you go and get your little "iPhone killer" and get an iPod touch too.

7. calvy macrumors 65816

I'm so sick of this complaint. The data plan costs the same for the iPhone as any other 3g phone. And if you don't want data, don't get the iPhone. Being tied to a hotspot is not what it's about.

8. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I don't get it. You want to get an iPhone but then say the Sony Ericsson Experia is the iPhone killer? Why would you even want an iPhone then in the first place?:confused:

9. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

srsly. the plans are the same as the other 3g capable phones , i hate all the sites out there that say that it is being "increased" because it isn't..

also if you are living here in america it has the best data so far because unlimited for 30$ :p where as canada is 30$ for only 6gb.... lol

10. accrane macrumors member

i called at&t today. I said "the data plan is $30, correct?" According to the lady the data plan is $35. She said if I worked for someplace that got a discount in might be $30/month. I know this goes against all other rumors but who knows. Five dollars isnt going to change my mind though. Ill be in line in the morning.

11. D3lta macrumors 6502a

It's $30. It would be $35 if you add 200 SMS for $5, which is optional.

12. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

13. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Oh MY GOD, you did not say the W word in here. Shame on u. Honestly, i hate windows mobile phones. They are pure crap. Ive had many of them and decided on the iphone and never ever will go back to windows mobile again.

14. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

anything dubbed [subject here]killer is actually worse and a hilarious blatant knock off of that certain thing

iphone killer? LOL

I'm not biased towards apple since I barely own any of their products but the Samsung Instinct is a joke and all those fake-me-out iPhones are just garbage.