Who would you NOT want to see in Trump's cabinet ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I like most of the names predicted by the media as cabinet appointments except for a few.

In my case, it's Sarah Palin and Corey Lewandowski.

I predict some Hillary supporters who will object to all the current suggestions for the cabinet but, in general, give a short list of the people you don't want to see in Trump's cabinet.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I suspect his cabinet won't be too crazy. The White House is where the mayhem is going to happen.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Sarah Palin ... I'm going to read up on the rest over the next few days.

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Be happy, your dream is true. The POTUS is not a member of the cabinet.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

John Bolton. I still think the Senate would not confirm him. Not sure, so.. he's on my list of I-hope-nots. Anyway imo if he were put up as SoS then I want to go to some other galaxy in a different simulation of the universe.

Rudy Giuliani. I read he was floated as Attorney General. Maybe a long time ago. Now he's over the edge.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 12, 2016 ---
    Mike Pence should pick all the WH advisors. To the extent he doesn't, the sooner it will be his turn to do it anyway, these guys around Trump never heard of a Constitution they didn't half-write themselves.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I'd agree on Bolton and Giuliani. I heard Carson was possible for Education or HHS, and Arpaio (the outgoing AZ Sheriff) was possible for Homeland Security. Certainly not a fan of those either...

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I hope Trump does not add to his cabinet any invade 'em/invite 'em neocons looking for another missionary war or neoliberals blathering arcane theories about free trade and borderless worlds.

9. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Pretty much everyone he's rumored to be considering. Ebel, Giuliani, Gingrich, Christie, Palin, etc.

It's gonna be a rough 4 years!

10. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Donald Trump ran on the promise of keeping Washington "insiders" away from the power to corrupt government. If he has too many "insiders" in his cabinet, he'll be backing down on one of his promises. Now, whether or not his most ardent supporters will care (or notice) is something else. But I think Trump needs to be very careful about even the appearance of giving in to the Washington elite he campaigned so hard against.

With that said, he also needs to be careful about some of these Breitbart people too. Regardless of where I personally fall on the scale of left or right, some of the Breitbart people are overtly anti-Semitic, anti-Black and anti-gay.

While much of America may be fiscally conservative, I think majority don't believe in bigotry.

11. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Definitely not Caribou Barbie. That is a huge no.

12. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Anyone with the last name Clinton.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    He'll need a few to navigate the political waters, that said I hope he rips the massive bureaucracy to shreds.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wouldn't want to see an anti-semit... ah it happened.

https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/797918400995409920

Trump has put an anti-semite in as chief of staff.

I begin to wonder about the state of the US and its sectors view Judaism. Because, we were told Trump can't be anti-semitic because his daughter married a Jewish man, but then we see people at Trump rallies shouting "Jew S A" ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e73622-9ee2-11e6-8832-23a007c77bb4_story.html ). We don't see any condemnation from Trump about this, though he does have time for criticising publications for not supporting him on 3 occasions ( https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/797902943014027264) .

I find it funny because anecdotally it seems the US is torn between supporting Israel or Palestine, and most side with Israel. Considering Trump is pretty down on Muslims and this chap is down on Jews, I guess the only religion left to thrive is Christianity.

But seriously though. I wonder how that makes many feel. Maybe they'll also be registered like Muslims too, though this time we could use NFC instead of tattoos.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So we have establishment Reince Priebus as chief of staff and white nationalist/alt-right Steve Bannon as chief strategist/senior counsel. Priebus won't go over well with the base.

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

lol, now Rinse Prius is a Nazi? :rolleyes:

16. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Sarah Palin, Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich.

17. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Yeah, gonna need a lot of shovels for all the crap the left is going to try and pile up.

18. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Hence why Bannon is basically his equal. I think it's safe to say Steve Bannon = Valerie Jarrett (aka the most important person in the White House). Scary.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

To the victor belongs the spoils.

Trump gets to appoint whomever he wants, and I'm happy to let him do just that.

20. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He better replace all the current hacks. Each and everyone of them.

From the right, Palin is a good shout. Also I am not a fan of Christie and Giuliani. Typical NY/NJ politicians.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    Yeah, I forgot to add Gingrich. Guys like him and Cruz, who I loathed the most after Hillary from all the candidates, are the typical do as I say but not as I do hypocrites.

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Anybody but Reince Priebus. Literally anybody in the world....wait, oh damn it....

22. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Now that he's in he doesn't need the base. What are they going to vote democrat next time? Trump is going largely establishment and insider. Gingrich proclaimed it's going to be mainstream. Maybe a token Tea Party post for Palin or Carson.

23. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

I don't want to see Christie, Palin, nor Giuliani on his cabinet.

Luckily, it's looking less likely that Christie will be around.

24. SusanK macrumors 68000

When my Ronnie was POTUS the joke was that the cabinet room seated twelve and slept one.

25. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

He's now a vice chair in transition instead of chair and will be posted in administration, possibly attorney general or some role in administration.

Transition team will be said to be around his business friends and supposedly even a top GOP lobbyist. Their jobs will last two months, and Christie, Giuliani, and maybe Palin, will have jobs designed to last four years.

The only one I could stomach is Giuliani but liberals like me won't "like" any of them but it's very clear the main direction is towards mainstream republican like Gingrich professes and that one or two Tea Party posts to Palin and Carson.

I think, but don't know, that maybe Scott Walker can lead a department. Time will tell.