Whoopi Goldberg Calls out Steve Jobs today !!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macman4291, Jul 15, 2008.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

On the view, I never watch but after the presidential speech, it came on, and I guess she waited in line and had activation problems, She called out Jobs saying he is a genius, but WTF was he thinking have a global launch hours apart, and the iPhone launch with all the activation problem, ect

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ha...good for her.

It's a good point. I can't believe they couldn't have know there would be problems. They know how many phones they've made. They had to have a rough guess of what the demand on the servers would be.

If they knew couldn't keep up they should have rolled out 2 or 3 countries per day for a week.

I mean, everything's fine now, but I met a guy who waited in line 3.5 hours Friday morning, then had to come back and wait 4 hours (which is when I showed up) in the afternoon once the servers were working!

Now, I waited 4 hours and I'm fine with that, but this poor guy had to wait TWICE because of the server problems! I feel pretty badly on his behalf.

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i love how people call out apple but still buy the products

4. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

yeah - i was a little confused. i was in line at the las vegas fashion show mall, and the extra staff was walking the line giving the typical 'crowd control responses'...

"we're not sure how long it will be - we're moving as quickly as possible, but we're trying to make it a personal experience."
    "i don't know how many phones we have, but there are a lot."
    and then "we've never done a launch like this, but we've been preparing and testing for weeks."

they didn't think to test 2098312412 people accessing the activation server at once?

5. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

the only thing worse....

than a Whoopi Goldberg movie is having to listen to the real one.

I think everyone should watch her comments to Michelle Obama. The woman is whacked. But it's a free country (so far) and more power to her lunacy. She's in the right place for it, daycrap TV.
    :p

6. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I agree...but had it worked, it would have been a beautiful orchestration. :p

7. bry223 macrumors regular

I can call employees out on things they're doing wrong, doesnt mean I'm going to fire them. No company is perfect, thus everything and everyone will draw criticism, but like now its healthy criticism, because you want them to learn from their mistakes.

8. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yes the job prerequisites for the View do not include an IQ test of reality.

Maybe that's why they call it "The View"......a view of reality vastly divergent with facts and logic and replete with feminine hysteria and gossip mongering.