Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I know the vast majority of threads you read on device specific message boards are either asking for help, or something negative about a device.

I'm ready for something different! Even with 8.0.1 glitches, "Bendgate" & "Hairgate"...who's with me in saying that overall I'm pretty damn satisfied & happy with my new iPhone 6/6+? :)

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I know the vast majority of threads you read on device specific message boards are either asking for help, or something negative about a device.

I'm ready for something different! Even with 8.0.1 glitches, "Bendgate" & "Hairgate"...who's with me in saying that overall I'm pretty damn satisfied & happy with my new iPhone 6/6+? :)

I am. I am currently using the 6+ (although I have a 6 as well that's heading back to apple next week)

I really loving the bigger size and ios8 is great as well.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
I am. I am currently using the 6+ (although I have a 6 as well that's heading back to apple next week)

I really loving the bigger size and ios8 is great as well.

I'm in the opposite situation here. Bought both the 6 and 6+, tried out the 6+ and loved it but almost dropped it a couple of times and it's very hard to use one handed or in bed (for me anyways) so I returned it. Kept the 6 and never looked back :D

But yes, love the new iPhone!

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I couldn't be happier with mine! I love everything about it. The size is perfect, the screen is amazing, the battery lasts all day. No complaints whatsoever. It's the iPhone I've been begging for since the day the iPhone 1.0 came out.

Edit: it's a Plus.

Last edited:

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Well, although I really love my 6+ and my son also likes his 6+, there is an unexpected downside....I was really looking forward to getting the new iPad, but with how great the experience is on the 6+ (for our needs, anyway), I just don't see the need or even that I would use the iPad that much.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Lovin my 6 64gb gold. No issues with it at all so far. No yellow screen, no white or dead pixels, no bending, no hair pulling, no rickety buttons, no upside down pics, no stuttering or lag, no scratches out of the box, no crappy pics, no flickering white pixels in slow-mode. Did I miss anything? :p Great battery life too. :cool:

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
All the happy owners are busy playing with their phones.

All the angry and dissatisfied owners are busy opening thread after thread concerning their devices. And since it's a rather expensive device, their angry opinions damn well better be heard.

You might realize how this can lead to a slightly biased perception of consumer satisfaction.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Day one 6+ 64gb user here. Upgraded from an iPhone 5. Loving the bigger screen (such a great resolution too), the camera, battery life and the bigger storage.
No sign of any bend (like the vast majority of users).

Haters are gonna hate.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
And since it's a rather expensive device, their angry opinions damn well better be heard.

Meh.
They are heard because they whine really loudly - hard to ignore them.
Just many aren't taken that seriously...except the bald ones...those people who lost all their hair from the iPhone pulling it out.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I love the 6. I just wish the Apple leather case covered the bottom.

In the past, it's been something on the phone itself that nagged at me; 2G had a sharp edge on one side, 3G/3GS was kinda creaky, 4/4S didn't get full bars ever, 5 had a wiggly home button, 5S had a click-clacky home button.

With the 6, it's just the case. I miss the 5S leather case.

Actually, if I I trusted myself not to drop it, and could live with dents or scratches if I did, I'd go naked. I can't do either.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014

I'm really satisfied, but it's not perfect. For me at least

The battery life on the 6 and the wifi speeds [ unless it's just my router ] sucks badly.

I lose about 100 MB a day without even downloading anything [ used 13.0 GB in less than a month ]

That's about it though.

frozentoast

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
The very nature of message boards exacerbates even the tiniest amount of negativity. People enjoying their devices are loving life and have little reason to post about no symptoms or how satisfied they are. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.