Who's coming from an Android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by armoredsaint, Sep 17, 2012.

1. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

I've had different variations from HTC to my current POS droid x2 - so happy to be getting my iphone this week :D:D:D

Correctly me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the same app for the android and apple work not as well on the android os? Reason I ask is because apps on my ipad 3 work perfectly, same app on my x2 fails a lot or not as reliable?

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I am moving from the Galaxy s3 to the Iphone 5. You, going from a Droid to the Iphone 5 will be going from the outhouse to the penthouse!!!! You won't believe how good it is!!!!

3. rhuntington3 macrumors newbie

4. katai macrumors regular

The last iphone I had was the 4. Then got the Motorla atrix, galaxy s2, and currently using the galaxy nexus. Don't have a problem with those android phones. Hope this time I'll be using the iphone longer and not wanting to switch phones every year lol.

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

6. wkufan92 macrumors newbie

Moving from Galaxy S2

Me... Can't wait. Moving from Galaxy S2 that has too many issues to name since the ICS upgrade.

7. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I had the iPhone 4s (gave it to my wife when I switched to android for work) and I'm using a Galaxy Nexus now. I love the Nexus, but hate the lack of build quility. Can't wait to get my i5 on friday.

8. bmstrong macrumors 6502

I'll be moving once the unlocked units start hitting. (Then over to WP for the 920.) Does iOS have a Tubemate? I cannot live without a YT downloader.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

There's an app on the App Store called Media Burner that downloads YouTube videos. I use it all the time.

10. Fontane macrumors regular

I'm using the RAZR (not MAXX) and thinking of upgrading to the iphone 5.

Why are you changing over?

11. JokerElite macrumors regular

JokerElite

Coming from an HTC Evo 4G. There weren't really any good newer Android phones on Sprint that met my requirements. The new version of my phone is just too large, same with the S3.

I used my upgrade on an iPhone this time around. Glad the iPhone made the jump to a 4" screen. Both iOS and Android have their pros and cons. Not completely satisfied with either.

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

And you're an expert because? :)

13. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Much better and higher quality apps is why I am switching

14. rel macrumors newbie

rel

I'm coming from the piece of poop I'm using right now called the Samsung Vibrant....

15. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

can I have it? :D

16. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I will be selling it :D

17. bmstrong macrumors 6502

Does it let you choose the quality? Tubemate will let you do a number of different resolutions. (Thanks for the reply, BTW.)

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Actually, it doesn't. I think it defaults to a higher quality, though. You'd probably need MxTube, but that's a jailbreak solution.

19. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

after owning that iphone for a few days - the apps works so much better than droid apps from the same company - no weird glitches like i always got from 75% of my droid apps.

20. leoneedees macrumors member

I'm coming over from a Droid Incredible. I never had issues with the Incredible, I was just ready for a change after being with android for almost 3 years. Apps do run much smoother mostly because they only have to write/code the apps for just a couple sets of devices and a single OS (running different versions sometimes but still the same OS)

While the android does have more customization and tweaks available, that same customization is also the reason that apps aren't always as smooth running.

21. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I'm changing over to iphone from android. I have my reasons and they're complex. Just iPhone is the better development platform.

22. FamousLastX macrumors newbie

I am but ive had both the 4 and 4S before. So ready to get rid of my Galaxy Nexus tomorrow. I get maybe 1:30-2:00 of usage out of a full charge on this piece of crap.

23. FierceDeityLink macrumors newbie

Switched from a Galaxy Nexus. Pretty good battery life with the extended battery. Radios weren't that great, though. Coincidentally got Jelly Bean from Verizon the day the iPhone 5 came out, but I had already been using Paranoid Android (which I will miss).

24. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I'm coming from the original Motorola Droid to iPhone 5. Should be a world of difference. My Droid is 3 years old and limited.

25. ccwestcliff macrumors member

Changing from an (interim) HTC One X (Intl Quad-core version). It was a lovely phone with a great screen, fast and I really liked sense, but the Apple ecosystem (iCloud, Airplay, Photostream) is what does it for me. Plus due to only one screen size (well, now two ...) the iPhone apps look visually way more appealing than most of their Android counterparts.