Who's fault? Mine or UPS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JLee361, Sep 21, 2012.

1. JLee361 macrumors member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348276643.025126.jpg

Ok so I've been waitin like everyone else to get my AT&T 16GB and I left for work at 830 and made sure my pre sign UPS form was taped to my front door before I went to work. I came home at 8pm and this is what I came home to... Maybe he was in a rush?

I didn't have any lights on in the house except the front porch which is a motion detected light so I guess he just overlooked it? I had to call ups and they said they would tell him to reattempt to deliver so I'll be patiently waiting..

2. wellok macrumors 6502

It's up to the driver. They can choose not to leave something even with a signed form.

3. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Well at least someone didn't steal it? That could have been worse

4. JLee361 thread starter macrumors member

Ok so I just talked again with a lady at UPS and she told me that the driver was advised by "some girl" at UPS to not take the pre signed form, but the lady on the phone said that was completely wrong and that he's been doing it all day with other iPhones. so they had to send him help with the deliveries and that he would be back at 930pm. How lame.

5. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

6. vabunuc macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. I had to run to the dr, and that's when ups decided to come. I called and they said they would try to get him to come back. He did. He told me that a signature was required in person.

I'm greatful the guy took the time to come back. I tipped him for his trouble. :D

7. JLee361 thread starter macrumors member

id rather just wait and not waste my gas.. plus it would probably take as long if not longer to do so since the driver goes back to the station after.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Lots of people reported they needed a real sig this time around.

9. Joeymac1 macrumors newbie

I fell asleep for 15 minutes and my delivery guy came while I was asleep!!!!! I saw the clock said 11:30, next thing I know I'm waking up to a phone call at 11:45, and theres a paper stuck to my door saying he came at 11:40!!!!!!

Typical luck for me.

10. jeblis macrumors regular

Me too, woke up at 10:20, he was here at 10:00, at least they wrote redelivery on Saturday on it. Up early tomorrow.

11. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

you could have picked it up last night. personally I wouldn't want to risk missing the shipment again today

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Drivers had been telling people that they needed an actual signature for them, that releases wouldn't work.

It is up to the driver - did you have a spot it could have been stashed out of sight?

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its all about liability, if you didn't have the proper signed form that they can file away as proof then you cannot blame the driver. The argument can be made that anyone can fake a note and then steal the phone so using the procedure defined by UPS is the only way to protect the drivers