Who's going to be the 1st to volunteer to be A5 lab mice? ;)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Netherscourge, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

I'm very cautious with Jailbreaking.

When a new Jailbreak comes out, I tend to wait a couple days to see what happens around the web. Always fearful of bricking my devices.

The fact that they will include a CLI pretty much tells me they expect bugs to pop up and there will probably be a couple patches post-release.

The second this JB hits the public, I'm just going to sit back and wait for reports and feedback to come in. I'll probably wait a week. I'll download all the files I need and just sit back and watch.

Is anyone here just going to jump right in the moment it's released and throw all caution to the wind?

2. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

3. theman510 macrumors 6502

I too will jailbreak as soon as i possibly can. Why wait? If anything goes wrong I'll just restore from a backup. There's no reason not to do it

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Ok. I'll happily enjoy my JB.

There's never been a JB release that has left your phone unusable. That happens from the shady tweaks people install post-JB process.

Plus, 5.0.1 is still being signed, and 5.1 won't drop over the weekend, so that gives plenty of safety net to test and restore if need be.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I highly doubt it'll be a shortage of guinea pigs.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i havent been following too much recently, but i am on 5.1b3. there is no way for me to downgrade is there? thanks.

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Agreed.

Yes. You can always download to the most up-to-date non beta version of iOS, because Apple is still signing it.

Download the 5.0.1 .ipsw and DFU restore your phone to this .ipsw in iTunes.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

thanks! i thought it was that simple but i forgot since i haven't needed to do so in months!

9. tguilliams macrumors member

I'll probably do my iPad first, just to get a feel for the process and then the 4s after that.

10. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

11. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

they've recently posted that this is a new way of injecting corona and that there are some risks ...so no thanks I'll wait first..

12. terraphantm macrumors 68040

My phone's backed up on my computer and icloud, I'm definitely giving a go. Worst case scenario, I have to restore and lose a potential unlock... ultimately not a big deal since I was stuck on 5.0.1 originally anyway (got a replacement which ended up being on 5.0)

13. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

I've seen people with bricked devices with other and more polished tools like old greenpoison or limera1n tools...I'm not saying bricked per say but I'm talking about phones that just stay in coma, and can't be kicked out of recovery/dfu modes not even with the standard tools...

14. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Jailbroke my phone right when it was available. Not having any issues and my 4S is the same as when I had with my iPhone 4

16. tongsterrr macrumors newbie

jailbroke 4s was a breeze, no issues so far. very excited to be jailbroken again : )

17. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Just jailbroke and installed a few things and all I can say is WOW. I've only ever tried a jailbreak on my iPod touch 4G and this feels much more stable or faster or something!