Who's going to be waiting in line for a 7+ in Jet Black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xanadeath, Sep 10, 2016.

?

How do you intend to get your 7+ in Jet Black

1. Wait in line at my corporate carrier store

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Wait in line at a carrier dealer (best buy, S wireless, etc.)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. Wait in line at an Apple Store

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Be patient and wait for my pre order delivery

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Like most of us who wanted the Jet Black 7+, I was not able to get a launch day delivery pre order in. I'm hoping to have some luck waiting in line at the Apple Store, possibly at my local AT&T corporate store. I want the 256GB but I'd settle for the 128GB. I just don't plan on settling for matte black. What are everyone else's plans and/or advice to get our hands on the evidently unicorn-like iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black on launch day?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If this is anything like first gold IPhone, and have a feeling it will be worse, you had better be among the first 3 or so in line at an Apple Store. I'll be shocked if the carrier stores get any.

3. comptr macrumors 65816

Really so would be better off then to go to a apple store then.

4. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

This is so what I'm worried about. I can get to an apple store, but not until about 9pm at the earliest on Thursday :eek:. I should have just pre ordered when it was like September 27th delivery, but I didn't want to compromise. I'm kinda hoping a lot of people will want like... the 32gb black pluses, not the 128 or 256 jet black 7+.

5. Kriegripper macrumors member

My atat said they would call me Friday morning if they got any 256gb 7 plus I phones in jet black

6. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

You must have a hookup or some really nice AT&T reps :p. I spoke with my store and they told me they wouldn't be able to provide any stock info, but that they normally get a couple hundred or so to sell on launch day.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Well, there are no 32 GB Jet Black, so anyone wanting Jet Black is 128 or 256.

I think its going to be like gold was, very few at Apple stores, none at carrier stores.

8. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I'm desperately trying to figure out a way to get a friend or someone to wait in line for me because I don't get off work until about 7 on Thursday. I'll probably want to try and be among the first 10 or 20 in the Apple Store line. *sigh*

9. Kriegripper macrumors member

Yea we have been using the same store for years

10. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Lucky! I envy you :p

11. Kriegripper macrumors member

Haha Yea but I'm still crossing my fingers that they will have what I'm looking for.

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Good luck, hope it works out for you!

13. CaptMarvel, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Take your sleeping gear to work Thursday with you, pay someone to stand there all day Thursday, then swap out with them when you're ready and hope for the best when Apple opens their doors Friday morning!

14. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I think I'm gonna hit up a friend and try doing this. I'm wondering how much is enough to motivate someone to sit in line for 10 hours :p

15. shayshey Suspended

i will - no choice

start 4 am

hope i can get it -

16. comptr macrumors 65816

It may look like I am going to have to also my Delivery Date is November 5th. But I was just at my apple store the sales people told me their may not be any inventory for walk ins. But they are opening Reservations on Saturday at 8am.

17. Bootleg Gucci macrumors regular

Bootleg Gucci

18. JOHNGAETANO macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

I actually like standing in line. Reminds of 2007. Fun talking to people and the anticipation is cool.

19. Paul6s macrumors regular

Here is advice coming from my nightmare experience I had during the iPhone 6 launch back in 2014. If you haven't already, immediately go back on the apple website and get your preorder for the Jet Black Plus. The reason for me saying this is because when I regrettably preordered the iPhone 6 instead of the iPhone 6 Plus, upon arrival of my 6 I had allready realized my mistake of not getting the 6 so I tried to stand in line for the next 2 weeks trying to luck out ingesting the plus. Mind you before I waited these two weeks I did return the 6 and ordered the plus however it gave me a 3-4 week waiting period so I tried my luck to score a plus by waiting in line. It turned out that every day I would wait 2-3 hours in line just to either be told that they only had the regular 6 and/or only 1 or two pluses. By the end of the first week a lady told me that instead of doing what I'm doing I should have just preordered the device as early as possible because in her case she ordered the plus two or three days after the preorder night and even despite the website telling her that she will get the device in 3-4 weeks she only got her plus only 5-6 days later! I waited a little over a week to exchange my 6 to order my plus BIG MISTAKE!! I should have returned the regular 6 the next day after getting it on launch day and get the plus earlier than expected. Dude I hate to tell you but I think you might just waste your time waiting in line for the jet black 7+ if your are not at least the second person in line.

20. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

Run a cost-benefit analysis. How much is the Jet Black 7 Plus worth to you-- are you willing to pay over the asking price? I guarantee these are going to go up on Swappa / Craigslist for a premium (couple hundred over MSRP) but it may be well worth it if you're thinking of losing countless hours waiting in line.

Personally, I would pre-order on the Apple store and wait it out. However, I'm rocking an iPhone 6, which is working perfectly fine so I don't have the burning itch to have the latest and greatest this time around.

21. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Well... I've waited in line on launch day several times and the model that's the most popular/premium that went out of stock quickly during pre-orders has always been in extremely limited supply on launch day. As in, each store getting a handful if any.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 11, 2016 ---
    There will probably just be a few lucky souls who will manage to snag a Jet Black on launch day. Sometimes you can get lucky at a carrier store. If you a pal who works at one or somebody you can get chummy with at your carrier store, sometimes you can get them to let you know what they have in stock the night before.
    What I've done a couple of times is paid a young friend to wait overnight in line for me. Obviously it would have to an older teenager. I usually paid them about $60. They had fun and made a little money.
    Yes, it can be fun, but I'm getting too old for it now.:cool: