Who's happy with their 5S/5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MorganJones, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MorganJones macrumors member

I see so many threads here about problems with the new iPhone. Obviously, this is a forum so this is where people come when they do have a problem.
    It can be quite worrying if you come on the forum and see all these negatives, so i thought i'd start a thread where people who are very happy with their iPhone can reassure potential buyers that the vast majority of iPhones come out awesome and without faults. And we can all have a little rave about how awesome the 5S (or 5C) is.

I personally am extremely happy with my Space Grey 5S, no marks or cosmetic blemishes, screen has no dead pixels or yellowing, Touch ID works great, The gyroscope/level is accurate. Overall a great phone.

2. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

Did you have an iPhone 5 before your current iPhone? How would you describe the overall performance over your old model?

3. MorganJones thread starter macrumors member

I didn't have an iPhone 5 sorry, but i can tell you that from use that i have had with iPhone 5 that overall there is a difference with the 5S

4. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

Yes, I do know that there are differences between the 5 and 5S, but I was wondering about how it felt. How much faster it felt for example, how the 120fps slow-motion camera is working and stuff like that.

5. Norcal. macrumors regular

I'm very happy with my 5S. Coming from an iPhone 4 it's definitely a nice upgrade.

6. hughiee macrumors member

Coming from using an iPhone 5, I am very happy with the 5C and the Touch ID on the 5s.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'm in love with mine! :)

My level is off, but I don't really see that as a big problem to worry about, because I don't use many apps/games that need it.

I LOVE the fingerprint sensor!

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I've posted on another thread like this, but I'm coming from an iPhone 5. While I could've liekly stayed with the 5 for a bit longer, the 5s is still defintieyl worth the ugprade to me. The camera is the main differentiator (the 5 camera was good, but the 5s is just that much better). TouchID is nice as well, I'm liking it more and more as I use it.

9. mcrto macrumors member

5 to 5c and couldn't be happier. Forgot what it's like to have a phone that actually feels properly comfy to hold.

10. Ann P macrumors 68020

Don't they have the same internal specs? If so, that would be like a downgrade...

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

No ... battery has improved ... love this green 5c :cool:

12. Fhaoilgeal macrumors newbie

Feel exactly the same coming from an iPhone 4.
    The iPhone 5S' speed is phenomenal and the finger print sensor works great.
    I wasn't a fan of the new IOS 7 flat icons, but that's being quickly forgotten.

13. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

No issues to note of with my Blue 32GB iPhone 5c

14. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

That's how I feel everytime I pick up my old 3GS. I'm like wow.. Talk about ergonomic and a feeling of control. The 5 and 5s are so awkward.

Signed,
    5 and 5s user

15. matttye macrumors 601

Love my 5s even after initially deciding I didn't want one.

I caved in and don't regret it. Can really feel the speed difference and battery life is amazing.

16. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Very happy…..it's everything Apple said it would be.

It's a beast of a smartphone……….

17. celly macrumors 6502

18. glitched79 macrumors newbie

I'm one of the many who have had problems with their new 5S. I'm actually on my second 5S, with another replacement scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

That said, I still love the 5S.

I'm coming from a 5, so, honestly, the differences are very niche. Those that care about the specific differences between the 5 and the 5S will care a lot. Those that don't probably won't notice much of a difference at all.

For the everyday user, I doubt they'd notice much of a difference at all, aside from the thumbprint scanner.

For someone who wants to squeeze out every last possible bit of speed from their mobile device, the difference is somewhat substantial. Apps that have been designed to take better advantage of what the new processor in the 5S has to offer are definitely much faster. Safari is faster. Switching between apps is generally faster overall. Mail is faster. The 5 certainly wasn't/isn't slow. But the 5S is markedly faster when comparing processor-intensive performance across the two devices.

The battery lasts longer in the 5S than it did on my 5. Not by a whole lot, but definitely some improvement. I'm not sure if this is because the 5S has a better battery or if the capacity of the battery from my 5 had reduced over the year that I had it. Regardless, I can use my 5S longer than I could use my 5 when I passed it down.

The fingerprint scanner is both a convenience and an inconvenience for me. I was never the type to have a password on my iPhone, so the fingerprint scanner adds a few moments to the unlocking process that I'm not accustomed to (press and hold on the finger print scanner for up to 1 sec, versus press and swipe and be in the phone in half a second). However, the fingerprint scanner is nice for apps that have been designed to use it, like the "Find My Friends" app and the App Store. It's nice to press your finger on the device to log into apps rather than typing in a password. As more apps begin to incorporated his feature, I think it'll become more of a convenience than an inconvenience.

The improved camera is noticeable. The wider lens of the 5S can certainly capture a larger area than on the 5. The burst shooting is a nice addition. The dual flash does make flash photos warmer than on the 5. Theses are all important for someone who uses their iphone as their primary camera, which I definitely do.

The problem I'm having has been the same on both 5S handsets I've had so far. I won't hijack this topic by going into detail, other than to say there's a number of 5S with a defect in the screen that people with good eyesight can see clearly, while other people can't see a difference at all. I happen to be someone who can see it, and it almost gives me a headache to look at. Thankfully, and as usual, Apple is quick to correct a mistake and offer replacements until I win the defect-free lottery.

19. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I upgraded from the 5 to the 5s and I love it! I'm not sure what it is but for some reason I enjoy the 5S a heck of a lot more then my 5.

Two of the main functions that benefit me are the changes to the camera and the touchID. Although with my 5 I haven't used a passcode, I'm still getting used to having to unlock my phone with the touchID but between unlocking it with your fingerprint and making purchases it's very convenient.

As for the performance of the device I've noticed that iOS 7 is more fluid on the 5S then it was on my 5. As for speed, I only notice it when browsing web pages etc.

Overall like others mentioned, I could've easily stuck with my 5 for another year. However I'm quite happy with the 5S

20. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

21. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

22. skylarbrenden macrumors member

Absolutely In LOVE w/ mine!! Zero complaints here!

The only thing I do hate, though, is the lack of cases for the 5S. Sure, I could pick up a 5S lifeproof or otterbox, but it covers the Touch ID sensor. It's a pain.

I'd have to say, the slow motion camera is my favorite feature. I've uploaded 3 or 4 to my YouTube page, here's a link http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNsnd6iFS-BIvGM2ZwaudXw

If you care the watch them, make sure you put them in 720P or else they will look terrible.

23. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I am happy with my 5s, it is really the same phone as the iPhone 5 just a bit snappier. Touchid is cool but it doesnt work 100% of the time.

24. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

My New 5S is exactly the phone it was advertised as. I love the new camera's low light capabilities. and instead of my normal black I went for the Champagne 32GB model. The screen is great too...as for IOS7, well that's for a different thread.:)

25. OpTic Jayex macrumors regular

OpTic Jayex

I'm very happy with my 5S. I love it! Very pleased.:D:D