Who's Having Fun ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

As much as I want this election cycle over with, I have found it very entertaining and enjoyable this time around. More people, no matter which candidate they like, are getting involved and it's almost like watching two sports teams go at it.

Is anyone else enjoying this election cycle ?

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

To the point where neither one of them is worth two *****. It's truly embarrassing how far some on the left will go to defend corruption at the highest level of government while they call Trump a Nazi. They need to have a look in the mirror because it's people like them that enabled Hitler.

3. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I want to know what Renzatic did with the hornet nest stuck to his house. That's all I care about and also because I've been awoken 8 times in the last four hours.

4. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Awoken by what ?

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm sure someone has just emailed him your inquiry....

Up to a point I've enjoyed it. I'm ready to vote and be done with it (and have that pizza I'm buying on the way back from the polling precinct). :cool:

6. chown33, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

chown33 macrumors 604

Thousands of homeless hornets throwing themselves against his window, shrieking "Rennzz! Rennzz! Rennzz!".

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It's amusing but I'll be glad when it's over. There are a lot of other important issues and this election is overshadowing them.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Now I'm having fun again btw.

Take off your Día de Muertes mask and let some sunlight in there ;)

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Excuse me. This isn't some cheap Mexican mask. This is modern art.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Having done a little research into this matter, I have ascertained the following:

Renz didn’t have a hornets nest stuck to the house. He had a big lump of bees
    that went to hang out in a tree, and they went away on their own the next day.

As far as what do do about hornets, for interesting daydreams just use your imagination and past knowledge of Renz, you know, a mild affinity for baseball bats and forthright communications LOL. And running shoes...

Personally I'd not go that route with a hornet's nest, at least not in mild weather.

So for actually getting hornets to depart the place you might have to call an exterminator, I wouldn't mess around with them if they've got a nest going, even if it's on the outside of the house. Here with an outside nest, they die once the weather gets cold, or at least they get sleepy enough so one can safely knock the nest down and lay it in the grass someplace. Bluejays will open up a nest and eat them.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Interesting how you singled out the left there. I think Trump supporters are just as willing to overlook anything Trump has done. Not sure why though. It's like a cult. Even Trump recognized that with his shoot someone on 5th avenue comment.

Do they really think this "outsider" is going to grant them even half the things they want from him? When he has to work with a congress that opposes him? When he has some liberal ideas on some things himself? When he has a history of conning people and ripping them off?

I get the whole outsider thing, but Trump was never the right person to be that. It's all smoke and mirrors. Maybe someday there will be a real outsider. Someone outside the system, but still knowledgeable and someone that people will still work with who doesn't insult every group out there.

As to the OP question of fun...it has been fun, but man, even I am ready for the election coverage to be over and the talking heads and surrogates to go away and have the news resemble the news again, instead of just one subject with people screaming at each other.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yes but... "one more thing..." :) Nicholas Kristof had a nice sendoff for Clinton in his column for this weekend. Took the trouble to round up some complimentary things that Republican leaders have had to say about her.

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's as much fun as watching a train crash.

15. IronWaffle, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  16. deany, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

deany macrumors 68030

deany

I was but I got told to "naff off" or move to the USA as I wasn't American!.

I'm still undeterred by that silly poster and fascinated with the 2016 US POTUS election and will be getting a fair few beers in expecting it will be close and staying up all Tuesday night and Wednesday morning till the result is declared.

Ps
    I like and respect the American view on our UK politics, as it gives an interesting slant, shame a very small number of folk come across as trump Xenophobic's towards us Non-Americans.
    Hey Ho.

17. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I think it is compelling to watch - compelling but appalling - the kind of horror show you cannot tear your eyes away from.

Fun? No. It is not fun, not at all. Objectively, it is dreadful.

But I cannot deny that it is anything other than compulsive viewing.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

pot meet kettle.

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I haven't seen a Bluejay in ages. Right on about the cold weather. Despite the summer-like heat from the last two days, bees seem rather drunk when the weather cools down considerably. I had one sitting on my shoulder the other day. Poor lad was relaxing on his side until I used a leaf to get him off my person.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

No. I'm in hell. I want it over. I want Hillary in prison.

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Ghosts of Christmas Past.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I've thoroughly enjoyed myself.

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

And tiny hands.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Going to pretend I don't get that ref :D

OK so just tiny feet, and a tiny stinger. One wasp bad, a few no big deal, co-existence is possible; they don't care as long as a human doesn't overreact, so I usually let them sail around unless I see them start building a house on my house, then I try to dissuade them. Gently, while there are just one or two of them working on it. The thing is, if you knock down a built-up wasp's nest then that's a crime in their books and they give one of the world's fastest fair trials followed by same-minute sentencing. End of fun and start of a run for your life!